Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Skid Plates to Add First?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Diff covers and evap canister skid.

Since you have a Rubicon, I'd also look VERY hard at protecting that sway bar motor with a skid plate. It's not quite as vulnerable as the evap canister, but it's SERIOUSLY expensive to replace.

It'd also suck to bash it while wheeling disconnected, and then not have a functioning front sway bar on your JK for three weeks while you wait for the dealer to get the replacement parts in.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by w squared
Diff covers and evap canister skid.

Since you have a Rubicon, I'd also look VERY hard at protecting that sway bar motor with a skid plate. It's not quite as vulnerable as the evap canister, but it's SERIOUSLY expensive to replace.

It'd also suck to bash it while wheeling disconnected, and then not have a functioning front sway bar on your JK for three weeks while you wait for the dealer to get the replacement parts in.
i agree. that e-disco is a pricey repair if you whack it. a skid is nice if you have the money, but if you do a search you can find info for flipping it upwards and further out of harm's way. just a suggestion
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll probably start with the Diff Covers.

What do you guys think about this front one? It's a "glide plate" vs. just a casing that goes around the diff. Seems like it'd work well. http://quadratec.com/products/16238_104.htm

Is there any consensus on which brand(s) are best to go with?

Quick Reply: Which Skid Plates to Add First?