Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Plates

Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
I'm still undecided on whether to relocate or skid the EVAP cannister... I'm leaning towards relocate.
Relocate the Evap/ The skid adds a good bit of wt and it's still something that you can get hung up on. With it relocated the bracket is light and it's really out of the way. FWIW is used one of the new RockHard relocation kits. Call then; I don't think they're advertised yet.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burdeazy
but what kind of skid plates are really necessary, if any?
I guess that depends on where and how you wheel.

This is after 1 trip to Katemcy Rocks, granite is rather UNforgiving (the pic wasn't taken at Katemcy, but before I actually hit anymore rocks :p)

Old 11-14-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bunker
I guess that depends on where and how you wheel.

This is after 1 trip to Katemcy Rocks, granite is rather UNforgiving (the pic wasn't taken at Katemcy, but before I actually hit anymore rocks :p)

how do you like the treks system???.. i want to buy it but not many have it from what ive seen. also where can i find the best price on it?
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haddadk03
how do you like the treks system???.. i want to buy it but not many have it from what ive seen. also where can i find the best price on it?
install is a pita but it's worth it imo. GREAT protection and it looks cool beans too

as far as I know, their website is the only place to purchase them: gotreks.com/treks_home.asp

Last edited by wayoflifette; 01-13-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: edited non sponsor link
Old 11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bunker
install is a pita but it's worth it imo. GREAT protection and it looks cool beans too

as far as I know, their website is the only place to purchase them:gotreks.com/treks_home.asp
Now that's what I call protection.

I have all the rubi plates, but I think that they have taken a bit of a beating. This really looks like a nice system.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 01-13-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: edited quoted link
Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
"really necessary"? in my experience, only one, the oilpan. everything else can take a beating - trust me
Been there, leaked that. Got the duct tape to prove it.

Actually, the only thing I seem to hit on my JK is the rear diff. Not sure how I miss everything else. I did ding the factory gas tank plate the first week, on a curb of all things.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com
Been there, leaked that. Got the duct tape to prove it.

Actually, the only thing I seem to hit on my JK is the rear diff. Not sure how I miss everything else. I did ding the factory gas tank plate the first week, on a curb of all things.

Jeff
Yeah, I know what you mean about the rear diff. noticed mine this after noon has a small leak must have rubbed it on a rock last time out. ordered a new cover today. I know I smacked the front so hard that the JK actually stopped dead in it's tracks, lucky it's not leaking.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Rock Hard skids, I don't drive any different on the trail, but it is a good feeling to know they are there incase I "miscalculate" an obsticle
Old 11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

I have a set of the Rock Hards too and they work, eventually I'll have all the small stuff covered and it should be all good. Are at least I'll be giving those rocks a run for my money.LOL
Old 11-14-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rhino64
Yeah, I know what you mean about the rear diff. noticed mine this after noon has a small leak must have rubbed it on a rock last time out. ordered a new cover today. I know I smacked the front so hard that the JK actually stopped dead in it's tracks, lucky it's not leaking.
It's all about the "line".

Quick Reply: Skid Plates