Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid plates ?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid plates ?

I'm looking for some member suggestions on skid plates for my new Wrangler X. Specifically the oil pan and the Evap canister. I'm thinking it'd be easier to plate the cannister rather than re-locate it. I've seen the RockHard oilpan plate and it looks great but a bit on the expensive side. I've seen one Evap plate but can not find it again. Anyone have any 1st hand experience and any other suggestions on other areas that will need to be protected? Thanx. I will be using a Shrok Stubbie winch bumper and rockrails. (when they get here)
Old 03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My SkidRow skid plate for the engine and trans works AWSOME and takes all sorts of abuse and use.

Relocate the evap can.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rockhard oil/trans skid and love it. I also vote for using the Woods kit to relocate the Evap. It really gets it up and out of the way. The install is fairly simple too, alot easier then you might think. It also helps that Wood's directions are clear and easy to follow.

Oh and here is the Rockhard evap skid in case you decide to go that route.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Brett Woods is a site sponsor and is currently making improved products for the JK. He has a nice evap relocation kit.

http://www.4xfix.com/

username: jeep
password: forum
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

The Skid-Row and Rock Hard options look great, convenience vs cost on the evap is a personal preference, no wrong answer....

I'm waiting for Shrock's Skids.

Quick Reply: Skid plates ?