Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid plates?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roscoj
Looks great. Are those painted or raw? I have the evo long arm kit. The rear brackets sit right where the rear gas tank skid bolt goes thru.
They're painted black. Artec also makes a crossmember with built in long arm mounts. Might want to check if that's something beneficial for you.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Rockhard4x4 will your engine/tranny skid work with the Rancho exhaust spacer mod?
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/163654.pdf
Old 03-24-2015, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
They're painted black. Artec also makes a crossmember with built in long arm mounts. Might want to check if that's something beneficial for you.
I've looked into the mount. It will work with my current set up and probably make it stronger but I'm not sure I want to go thru the process of modifying my current brackets.

How long have you had the skids? Any abuse/damage to report?
Any chance you can post a few more pictures of your skid setup?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for the Synergy HD system.
I have it, I like it. Creates a flat belly, integrated X-member and stand alone gas tank skid create more clearance under than most other manufacturers systems, is very robust.
Admittedly it is spendy.
I also did control arms skids, and rear shock skids/relocation brackets, along with Poison Spyder e-vap skid.
So far so good on AZ rocks running 2" lift and 35's.
Everyone that sees the underside of the rig (when 3-wheeling etc.) is very impressed with the skid setup.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike H.
Another vote for the Synergy HD system. I have it, I like it. Creates a flat belly, integrated X-member and stand alone gas tank skid create more clearance under than most other manufacturers systems, is very robust. Admittedly it is spendy. So far so good on AZ rocks running 2" lift and 35's. Everyone that sees the underside of the rig (when 3-wheeling etc.) is very impressed with the skid setup.
I like the Hd kit. The new gas tank replacement skid is a nice feature. It is without doubt a very strong setup. How is maintenance? Isn't the transfer skid and crossmember one unit? Are you able to get tools in to remove your front driveshaft on the trail?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:16 PM
JK Jedi

I've looked into the mount. It will work with my current set up and probably make it stronger but I'm not sure I want to go thru the process of modifying my current brackets. How long have you had the skids? Any abuse/damage to report? Any chance you can post a few more pictures of your skid setup?
I've had it on for 10 days. Will let you know after EJS how they hold up. I can maybe grab a few more pics later after work. Is there some specific part of it you're wanting to see better of?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I've had it on for 10 days. Will let you know after EJS how they hold up. I can maybe grab a few more pics later after work. Is there some specific part of it you're wanting to see better of?
10 days....
I guess so far it has probably done its job. Lol.

When are you going to be in Moab? Maybe we could meet up for a bit so I can get a look. Any chance you will be there this weekend?
You don't need to get pictures.
Im mostly interested in the rear bracket holding up the transfercase skid and the flag type nuts that are put into the crossmember (I know you won't be able to get a picture of these). Did you get an Hd crossmember? I couldn't see any bolts hanging down in the previous pictures.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone try Kilby enterprises? Seem to offer a lot of coverage.

::Kilby Enterprises::
Old 03-24-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi

10 days.... I guess so far it has probably done its job. Lol. When are you going to be in Moab? Maybe we could meet up for a bit so I can get a look. Any chance you will be there this weekend? You don't need to get pictures. Im mostly interested in the rear bracket holding up the transfercase skid and the flag type nuts that are put into the crossmember (I know you won't be able to get a picture of these). Did you get an Hd crossmember? I couldn't see any bolts hanging down in the previous pictures.
I'll be in Moab Sun to Sat. PM me and we can meetup so you can get a closer look. Or go to the forum meet n greet Thursday night if you haven't signed up already.

Yeah, I installed the Artec HD Crossmember as well. The only bolt that hangs down is the OEM bolt on the driver side frame that helps hold up the tranny skid.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Rockhard4x4 will your engine/tranny skid work with the Rancho exhaust spacer mod?
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/163654.pdf
Tough to say without seeing it in person but if it did hit you could just add a second shim to space our plate down.

Quick Reply: Skid plates?