Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Plates

Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plates

Can someone give me a list of essential skid plates needed for my 2010 Rubicon? I am about to place an order and want to make sure I get everything I need. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default necessary skids

x2 on the evap skid or relocate kit. i went with the poison spyder skid personally.

...other than that the engine/tranny, t-case, and gas tank always need good protection. and dont forget a new front diff cover!

happy wheeling!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kjohn
Can someone give me a list of essential skid plates needed for my 2010 Rubicon? I am about to place an order and want to make sure I get everything I need. Thanks!
you don't need anything. the factory skids are more than adequate and, are what all my friends and i still run today. if anything, an oil pan skid like the kind rancho makes is all you might want to get but really, that's it. don't trust me on this, watch some of our videos to see what kind of trails we punish our jeeps on all the time.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Your stock skids are fine. I've hammered mine and are holding up. Like others have said, relocate or skid the evap (I'd recommend to relocate). The Rancho oil pan skid is also not a bad idea (somehow a rock smashed factory pan).
Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you don't need anything. the factory skids are more than adequate and, are what all my friends and i still run today. if anything, an oil pan skid like the kind rancho makes is all you might want to get but really, that's it. don't trust me on this, watch some of our videos to see what kind of trails we punish our jeeps on all the time.
X2 on you don't need anything!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

The factory skids have worked fine for me.... I did however find a big dent in my oil pan, so that maybe something you want to protect... have fun !!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you everyone for all the input!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I fell better knowing I have oil pan covered,gas tank covered,evap moved,and diff covers.I dented my oil pan,bent my stock gas tank sheild pretty bad.If you have the funds,why not have the added security.....jmo
Old 06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

If your JK was born after May 2010, it does not have a factory transmission skid plate.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

What about protection for the electronic sway bar disconnect?

Quick Reply: Skid Plates