Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid plated and crossmember with RK lifts

Old 10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skid plated and crossmember with RK lifts

Hello all. I'm going to be going with Rock Krawler lift, probably 2.5" and with all 8 of their adjustable control arms. Does anyone know if I can run whatever skid plates and whatever crossmember? I'm going to be beefing up my crossmember from the stock one, probably with Rough Country or Poison Spyder. Any help is appreciated. Btw it's on a 2008 JKU.

-Blair
Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just won the Rough Country giveaway for the skid package. I've installed the muffler, evap, and sway bar skids. still need to install front and rear differentials, control arm, gas tank, and crossmember. Just want to say very impressed with the quality of their products. Very heavy duty as well.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lift won't have any effect on the skid plates or cross member since you aren't looking to do a long arm kit.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
The lift won't have any effect on the skid plates or cross member since you aren't looking to do a long arm kit.
Ok. I'll be in contact with you guys for lift stuff in the future.

Any suggestions for cross members? I guess 3/16" is 3/16" correct? Same for skids? Just welding is different?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor

Poison Spyder and OR-Fab have nice cross members. For skids it really depends on how much coverage you want. Evo and River Raider have some real nice systems.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know if the River Raider skid will work with a Full Traction long arm lift?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Rock hard oil pan/trans skid with the RK 2.5" max travel. I have had no issues regarding the lift and the skid.

Quick Reply: Skid plated and crossmember with RK lifts