Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Plate Purchase Order

Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Skid Plate Purchase Order

So, I'm finally ready to have some fun w/my JK.

Rocking a 3" BSD lift, fox shox and 35s.

Ordered the MOPAR skid that replaces the front air dam to protect my sway bar motor...

what else should I look at protecting before hitting the trails?

I had a 04 TJ that was pretty much skidded for the whole thing... control arms, diffs, oil pan, steering box, etc etc.

I'm haven't yet spent much time under my JK.

I did like the rear slider for the diff on my TJ... I could drag the back diff across anything and not fear the cover popping off...

I see a nice fuel tank skid, but since I'm gently getting back into off roading, the OEM one might hold for now...

any others?

I have to drive my rig home at the end of the day... I don't own a trailer... (yet).
Old 03-07-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Engine/Oil pan, Transfer case, Evap canister (or relocate it), LCA. Really depends what kind of off-roading you plan to do.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

unless you are doing some real big rock crawling stock skids do well. I have a 2" lift and just got back from Moab and never had a problem. I too have the Mopar front skid and it had one contact during 4 days. I felt better protecting the disc motor but no sure it was needed. proper tire placement is your best bet unless like I say are into hard core rocks.

Quick Reply: Skid Plate Purchase Order