Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Single exit exhaust to get

Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I saw that one but it looks like i cant use it with the stock bumper. Needs steel bunper so it doesnt melt.
I was thinking of maybe the 17143, looks like the same muffler but exits in front of the axle instead of at the bumper. Only thing is I worry about exhaust getting into the jeep.
Ooops... I didn't notice you got the stock bumper.

If it was me, I don't easily give up... I'd install one of the very good isolating materials about mid-way between the exhaust and the bumper.
Even without isolating material, a metal plate that re-directs the flow away from the plastic, and blocks heat radiation from the pipe to the bumper, would suffice. The metal plate would be much cooler than the pipe.
It also seems that shortening the pipe, or re-bending it, and/or adding a tip, may solve it.

In any case, when I looked for an exhaust, I first considered those which exit in front of the axle, but eventually rejected the idea, because, under certain circumstances (such as when not moving and the "right" wind direction or no wind), fumes will get into the cabin.
The exhaust would also be louder, especially with open windows.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-26-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MBRP is pretty popular
Old 10-27-2014, 01:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the sound of the Dyna/Rancho exhaust. Matter or fact since install and a few miles ..it's settling in nicely. I have it dumping out the rear but will be removing the rear pipe in favor of a side pipe.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-27-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mbrp

I went with the MBRP Black series exhaust. The muffler is about half the size of the OEM one, which will clean things up underneath. I will post pictures when it's installed.

2011 JK 2dr Sahara
Old 10-27-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really wanting to try pypes single exit exhaust. The duals sound good but I can't find any videos of the single.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

I think i am going to go with the afe high tuck axle back. Price is good and it tucks up high. Does anyone have experience with afe?
Old 10-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, what Fred says....
I always say try ours first, keep your old system just in case, and if you aren't happy you have 90 days to return it for a refund.

Originally Posted by fredrok
Ditto, and they have the 90 day don't like it return policy.

I've been running the rockcrawler kit since it came out and it gets lots of compliments. Doesn't sound like a ricer.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Yep, what Fred says.... I always say try ours first, keep your old system just in case, and if you aren't happy you have 90 days to return it for a refund.
I have had great results with dynomax on a ford ranger and pontiac firebird in the past. Ill look at the rockcrawler system.
Ideally i would want an axle back single exit exhaust with a small tip. For dynomax, i only see dual exhaust axlebacks. Im not a big fan of dual exhaust systems since the tips are hard to align and i like a single exhaust on a jeep. Also for the catback systems, i feel like the stock resonator and jntermediate piping is not too restrictive as it is and restrictive enough to give enough backpressure. Also im being lazy and the axleback systems are so easy to install...
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See below and something to think about.....
DynoMax® Performance Exhaust Promotions

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I have had great results with dynomax on a ford ranger and pontiac firebird in the past. Ill look at the rockcrawler system. Check out the rock crawler or Evolution Competition System.
Ideally i would want an axle back single exit exhaust with a small tip. For dynomax, i only see dual exhaust axlebacks. Im not a big fan of dual exhaust systems since the tips are hard to align and i like a single exhaust on a jeep. Also for the catback systems, i feel like the stock resonator and jntermediate piping is not too restrictive as it is and restrictive enough to give enough backpressure. I have seen people KEEP the stock resonator and slide in a muffler behind it. Look to P/N 17263 Also im being lazy and the axleback systems are so easy to install... This made me laugh!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3687.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	582401
I went with the dynomax ss and I love it . It is currently clamped on and i decided that it would be better to route the exit pipe on the side.

Quick Reply: Which Single exit exhaust to get