Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Single or dual steering stabilizer ?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MYBUS
What brands do people recommend? I am going to stick with the single set up.
Bilstein seems to be a popular vote around here. Also, I'd definitely check into getting one of the relocation brackets from jeepswag.com to keep it out of the way.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well.. I have a dual skyjacker because I like a stiff feeling to my steering. It helps with bump steer. I have a single sky jacker on before this one and I liked it. A lot of people on here don't like sky jacker shocks/lifts. If I didn't go that route I would spend the extra cash and get a tereflex, old man emu, or a bilstien.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, so I am just going to reply to this thread instead of starting a new one. I have fluid leaking from my stabilizer. I have looked every where else and can't find where else it could be coming from. I just got my jeep back from the dealership yesterday from having the fuel tank replaced, it wasn't leaking before they worked on it, and now I have a puddle of fluid on my garage floor, and there is hydralic fluid all over the stabilizer, it's not engine oil. What brands do people recommend? I am going to stick with the single set up.
When mine started puking fluid, I replaced the stock steering stabilizer with a Teraflex one, the Teraflex was much, much stronger and larger.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced my defunct stocker with a TeraFlex one. The stocker imploded somehow with a funny little dent...

Been fine ever since. If i had a spare stocker I would have used that. (I did in fact run it for months without one installed at all.)

I dont believe this is an area where a lot of $$ really nets very little difference. Lots of people running stock ones with lifts and oversize tires without issues.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had s similar problem with a dent in my stock stabilizer and I had to replace it.

Northridge has a kt for $99 that contains a stablizer relocation bracket and a TF stabilizer. The bracket alone goes for ~$60.

If you weld the bracket it will also gusset the trackbar mount on the axle. To me this is a good deal, reinforces your trackbar, moves the stabilizer out of the way, for under $100 and a little labor. Better investment than a dual stabilizer
Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Grognard
I had s similar problem with a dent in my stock stabilizer and I had to replace it.

Northridge has a kt for $99 that contains a stablizer relocation bracket and a TF stabilizer. The bracket alone goes for ~$60.

If you weld the bracket it will also gusset the trackbar mount on the axle. To me this is a good deal, reinforces your trackbar, moves the stabilizer out of the way, for under $100 and a little labor. Better investment than a dual stabilizer
I just ordered mine from David earlier this week. another weekend project.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the recommendations guys; I think I am going to go with the Teraflex. I know that many people on here trust their products.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the recommendations guys; I think I am going to go with the Teraflex. I know that many people on here trust their products.
I'd still also recommend the relocation bracket if you don't already have one. That will keep you from having to replace it again!

Quick Reply: Single or dual steering stabilizer ?