Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Single or dual steering stabilizer ?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yup

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Usually when people try to get a new stabilizer (single or double) to compensate for other issues, all it does is masks a more important problem, not fix it. Those "serious things" need to be addressed themselves, not covered up.
I agree.. I learned that the hard way like many people do. Throwing a steering stabilizer at death wobble only makes things worse.. however.. after having death wobble I am glad that I had one on there. At least thento you may still be able to drive your jeep home... but yes.. if someone is going to lift their jeep, throw bigger wheels and tires on... they need to look into learning what issues go along with that and this forum is a good source.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need a stablizer because the stock one died get yourself a BILSTEIN and be done with it.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate all the feedback, thanx!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Junkie

Is it normal to have alot of vibration (mostly highway) at higher speeds (65 + mph) ? Can't say that I noticed this with the stock tires, or to this level. Could it be the mud tires causing this ? Thanx in advance
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Adrom, I had to go to the field for 2 weeks and the wife stole the jeep and she washed it. So, maybe I should give the the under carriage a good power hosing. Thanx!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Thinking about a dual but not sure if it's an overkill ? Got a 2010 JK unlimited sport.

Also, what's a decent brand that's not outrageous in price. Thanx in advance
as many others have mentioned, you should not need a new steering stabilizer unless the one you have has been damaged and gone bad.

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I have alot of vibration at times and mostly in my shifter. My tires are balanced and it didn't do this with the stock tires.
is the vibration speed related - in other words, is it more pronounced at specific speeds and if so, does it happen mostly at higher speeds or lower - does it oscillate? you really need to give us more details.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

a dual puts alittle more strain on the power steering system
Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

I put the rc duels on for the look it gave me. I like the look of two. But one is all you need.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
I put the rc duels on for the look it gave me. I like the look of two. But one is all you need.
Do you have aftermarket Diff Covers with the RC dual setup? Any issues with rubbing?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

OK, so I am just going to reply to this thread instead of starting a new one. I have fluid leaking from my stabilizer. I have looked every where else and can't find where else it could be coming from. I just got my jeep back from the dealership yesterday from having the fuel tank replaced, it wasn't leaking before they worked on it, and now I have a puddle of fluid on my garage floor, and there is hydralic fluid all over the stabilizer, it's not engine oil. What brands do people recommend? I am going to stick with the single set up.

Quick Reply: Single or dual steering stabilizer ?