Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

single or dual steering stabilizer?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single or dual steering stabilizer?

I was talking with someone today and he recommended that I get dual steering stabilizers for my Unlimited (4' lift, 35" tires). I do plan on increasing the size of the tires in the future. I guess that I'm wondering if I really need 2 stabilizers or just 1. I don't see a lot of rigs with 2. Thoughts?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Dual SSs are unnecessary in most cases, unless you are driving at high speed off road for long distances and want to reduce stabilizer fade.

I think many just buy them for the looks.

They also seem to be a popular but poor "band-aid" for DW. If you run a SEARCH on this topic you will multiple threads discussing dual SSs.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Wayoflife has a great answer to this question:

Myths About Steering Stabilizers
Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Rough Country dual setup but I can't tell any difference between it and the factory setup. Doesn't seem to offer any improvement, but doesn't hurt either...thus it's purely an asthetic addition.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the feedback. I guess that I didn't really see the benefit. As already stated, I thougt that these could actually do more harm than good by masking other problems.

Quick Reply: single or dual steering stabilizer?