Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Single Back Seat 2 door + some extras...

Old 01-24-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Single Back Seat 2 door + some extras...

Posting some pics of my home-made seat brackets...Since my wife & me decided to go to the Sahara desert of Marroco with our daughter of 12, I had to figure out how to take out the back seat of my 2 door JK and install a single back seat.After some initial ideas i came with this solution...All measures are done on the go..I installed it at one side (so i would get all the extra space i needed for my luggage, food ,etc..).Why behind me?...so my daughter could hand us over the stuff from my G.E.A.R. Seat Covers of my seat.On her left a RoughRider Saddle Bags from BestTop so we could store "on hand" stuff...

Overall image of the bracket...

This is a close up of the bracket...

The other side...

Fitting the bracket....

Bolts & Nuts....

Tighting up....

Now the other side...

Almost done!! Note that a drawer can be installed under the seat.

Finished!!!The seat is a SPARCO sport seat I bought second hand and made a new upholstery at a local. shop in Madrid(Spain..thats were i live)..Also put a thick rubber mat under ...not shown here.

The space I won was incredible...at last i could fit in all my stuff for the trip,used some sling to hold all the luggage.That was very important,since i was going to cross the Sahara desert in extreme conditions,and didn't want to expose my daughter to all the stuff that could hurt her in our shaky moments(sand dunes,rock climbing,etc..)...Planning to fit some Metal boxes to fit to the same brackets..

Hope the idea is picked up...I am opened for sugestions and improvements..
The following users liked this post:
CMHJK (11-14-2019)
Old 01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is a pretty cool set up.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

I like that idea a lot. I might do the same thing with a matching stock seat...or the Matercrafts I want!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

very cool set-up....question....why so high?...storage?...just curious
Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Ely
JK Newbie

Thats a cool idea. Cause I still have'nt figured out how in the heck to get into the stock back seat with out climing over the front seats/console. All my other 2 door jeeps have had a flip and fold passenger seat but the JK don't. Unless I missing something and I'm to darn embarrassed to ask the dealer.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

i really like your seat set up, i always wondered why jeep had a bench in the back instead of two individual seat of which one or both could be removed.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Why so high???
Just a question of my daughters height....so she could watch everything that was going on in front of us and so she wouldn't miss anything....Thats all....plus i have some extra storage below the seat....Must make some kind of drawer...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

I'd be worried of that bracket "system" breaking on a decent impact (vehicle accident).
Old 06-09-2019, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rear seat bracket

Are you interested in selling one to me?I'm looking for the same setup with the chair height lower and on passenger side...
The following users liked this post:
CMHJK (11-14-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Makuri has not been active on this site since 07/2017. You might be waiting on an answer for a while.
It would be interesting to see how his adventure in the Sahara went.

Bob R

Quick Reply: Single Back Seat 2 door + some extras...