Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Simple Question on Hood Air deflector install

Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Question on Hood Air deflector install

Ok first off Im not much of a tool person or doing my own vehicle work but I dont mind a easy do it yourself mod or two. My question in installing the Mopar hood air deflector, its easy enough but it calls for a 4.5mm Drill Bit which I cant find to save my life local. Im sure I can order it online somewhere, Just wondering for those that installed one already did you use the metric bit or went with the 11/16 or 3/16 bit thats close.

Im not trying to screw this up especially since drilling the hood is involved.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wish my math was better

Originally Posted by osros
Ok first off Im not much of a tool person or doing my own vehicle work but I dont mind a easy do it yourself mod or two. My question in installing the Mopar hood air deflector, its easy enough but it calls for a 4.5mm Drill Bit which I cant find to save my life local. Im sure I can order it online somewhere, Just wondering for those that installed one already did you use the metric bit or went with the 11/16 or 3/16 bit thats close.

Im not trying to screw this up especially since drilling the hood is involved.
well i tired to do the convert it but my fractions were all jacked up so i went to the tool box and pulled out a calliper any way a 4.5 mm is aproxmitly 11/64.
so just use an 11/64 bit if you dont have one you can get it at wal-mart, harbor frieght, or sears just to name a few places.

Quick Reply: Simple Question on Hood Air deflector install