Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Simple AEV PROCAL question

Old 01-20-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple AEV PROCAL question

Considering getting one and know nothing about them. Does this remain plugged in at all times to the under dash port, or do you plug it in to flash the computer and then remove the module?

Seems like it would get snapped off if it remains in the port by getting in and out of the jeep.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It only stays connected long enough to transfer the programming and then you remove it.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

It only stays plugged in for a few seconds, then is removed.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by delsol5
Considering getting one and know nothing about them. Does this remain plugged in at all times to the under dash port, or do you plug it in to flash the computer and then remove the module?

Seems like it would get snapped off if it remains in the port by getting in and out of the jeep.
Like everyone else said, you plug it into a connector just below your left front speaker.

One tip, I've been using mine a bunch trying to dial in tire size, use a really small screwdriver, it can be really easy to hit other dip switches when your just trying to change one, and I have relatively small hands.

matthew
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your Jeep should beep indicating that it has received the updates...then pull the module free and store it for another day
Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

It depends on what function you are using. The extended idle and steering centering functions require the module to be plugged in while running them. All others are as stated above.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

If you are using it to adjust the idle for winching, then you leave it plugged in. In that case I roll the window down, and adjust with the dash dimmer through the window. I program my tire size, and TPMS then unplug it. If I have to take it to the dealer, I just restore it. Then put my settings back in when they are done.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by metaldemon
If you are using it to adjust the idle for winching, then you leave it plugged in. In that case I roll the window down, and adjust with the dash dimmer through the window. I program my tire size, and TPMS then unplug it. If I have to take it to the dealer, I just restore it. Then put my settings back in when they are done.
I have been told since AEV is a supplier to Chrysler their calibrator will not void the warranty!

it's easy to use. set switches, turn key, plug in until horn beeps then remove, cycle key off then on
Old 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time it stays in the odb port is for extended idling for winching. Other than that, plug in, set parameters, pull out.

Quick Reply: Simple AEV PROCAL question