Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Silver JK w/ Black (Matte or Powdercoated) Grill/Hood/Tailgate?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver JK w/ Black (Matte or Powdercoated) Grill/Hood/Tailgate?

Okay, we've all seen JK's in every possible color with a black/powdercoated grille. Looks good, but I'm curious as to how it would look with a fully black centerline? Black grille, black hood, black hard/soft top, and just for kicks, black tailgate?

I would keep my nice silver body parts as they are, since I have access to a cheap hoods and tailgates to sand down, and then I have access to a paint booth near my house, or reasonably priced powdercoating if I jump in on a batch.

What do we all think? Good idea? Bad idea? I haven't found a pic of this anywhere, so I'd love to see one if anything comes up. Otherwise maybe someone with graphics skills and a little time on their hands would want to do a little photoshop?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I have been wanting to black out my tailgate for some time now. I didn't think anyone really did it.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Not exactly what you are looking for I got more black on my hood then silver
Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks pretty cool - see attached. I think it could look even better if you do the windows as well from the hood line up. I've debated doing this in black vinyl...that way you could at least remove it if you get tired of it. Plasti-dip is an option too...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2540958871.jpg
Views:	1698
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	500507
Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good finds guys! Just the black louvre kit looks great too.

I guess it would look funny to not do the windshield frame and hood cowl too, hmm. The windshield frame would be tough...

Quick Reply: Silver JK w/ Black (Matte or Powdercoated) Grill/Hood/Tailgate?