Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

silent armor vs bfg mt

Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silent armor vs bfg mt

how is the 255/75/17 goodyear silent armor tires compared to BFG MT that comes on rubicons handling wise,snow wise, and comfort/noise wise?, I got silent armors that came with my rubi and its crap....tell me its better in snow and all other stuff please...if not tell me a site where I can order tires internationally
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 AM
JK Jedi

The BFGs probably won't be any better in wet, icy, or hard packed snow conditions, but you could have them siped to improve them. Off-road, and in deeper snow, the BFGs should be worlds better than the Silent Armors. I barely notice the BFGs on my Jeep on the highway, so far they have performed just as good on-road as the stock Goodyears, which never gave me any issues. Haven't had the BFGs in the winter yet though.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 AM
JK Newbie

The BFG's suck in slippery snow. Deep snow they are better, but still not great. Sipping would help alot.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since when do Silent Armors come OEM?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

in europe they do, does anyone know a site that ships overseas where I can order tires? itd be hugely appreciated....also want to replace control arms and track bars even though i will only have stock height and lift, just for handling and part quality purposes....call me a douche but JKS seems to make good stuff.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
in europe they do, does anyone know a site that ships overseas where I can order tires? itd be hugely appreciated....also want to replace control arms and track bars even though i will only have stock height and lift, just for handling and part quality purposes....call me a douche but JKS seems to make good stuff.
Ive been doing the same. Not lifted but replacing all the crap parts with better stuff.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Ive been doing the same. Not lifted but replacing all the crap parts with better stuff.
good plan =) do you use any messenger if so pm me i could use advice
Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
in europe they do, does anyone know a site that ships overseas where I can order tires? itd be hugely appreciated.....
You could order to tirerack, but you have to check well with them in order not to get killed with shipping costs. You also need to consider customs costs (if any) and the fact that often US tires do lack the EU homologation, I do not know whether this could be a problem in Turkey or not
Or you could change tire size (if allowed) and this could open up options

What happened to your JK to consider the SA crappy? They do not excel on any ground but I think they are a good all-around tire ...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leolito
You could order to tirerack, but you have to check well with them in order not to get killed with shipping costs. You also need to consider customs costs (if any) and the fact that often US tires do lack the EU homologation, I do not know whether this could be a problem in Turkey or not
Or you could change tire size (if allowed) and this could open up options

What happened to your JK to consider the SA crappy? They do not excel on any ground but I think they are a good all-around tire ...
custom costs and EU laws are least of my worries, the silent armors make my jk swing out its rear end like a supra on street tires..., zero traction in rain anyhow...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

I've had the BFG MT's on 2 different vehicles. In the rain and snow they are the worst tires I've ever driven on. I have the silent Armors now and they are way better. I just put Goodyear Wrangler Dura Tracs on my JK and they are even better in the rain, haven't had them in the snow yet. Could your tire pressure be too low? They should be a decent all around tire.

Quick Reply: silent armor vs bfg mt