Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sideview Mirrors (doorless)

Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Somewhere in the threads (kinda lazy to look at this moment) but a forum member cut his passenger side, and welded an extra two inches and solved this problem.
Brilliance at work...! I will look for that tread. thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm most certainly biased, but I love our mirror bracket solution. I've been using them for about five years. No vibration and same visibility as on door.

Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets
Old 08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
I'm most certainly biased, but I love our mirror bracket solution. I've been using them for about five years. No vibration and same visibility as on door.
this is only a good solution if your willing to drop the extra coin for a spare set of mirrors - not cheap. or the alternative to that is spending 45 minutes moving mirror from door bracket each time. ill pass on this so-called solution.

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Somewhere in the threads (kinda lazy to look at this moment) but a forum member cut his passenger side, and welded an extra two inches and solved this problem.
I had thought about doing this. brought the idea to my I-can-build-anything guy. he was concerned that the extra length may cause some trouble offroad. just something to think about.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been looking for a good solution as well, so I'm curious what people have to say about this. I put on a set of Olympic mirrors right before a trip up to Big Bear last weekend, and promptly broke the passenger side with a rock that got tossed up from my rear tire. Not an awful option to stay legal, but the vibration on the road makes them pretty useless.

Olympic 4x4 Products Part 117-124 - Safari Door Mirrors

I'm curious about the Harley mirror idea! Anyone have any pics of this?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

I just put the rugged ridge quick detach mirrors on mine. I don't particularly like the bracket that is left when you pull the mirrors off but other than that they seem pretty good. No vibration at all that I've noticed. They are a huge improvement over the mirror relocation brackets that i used before.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually use the ones the op is taking about and love them....they don't move for me, sure they vibrate but add some $1 fish eye mirrors to em and they were perfect
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pickick

this is only a good solution if your willing to drop the extra coin for a spare set of mirrors - not cheap. or the alternative to that is spending 45 minutes moving mirror from door bracket each time. ill pass on this so-called solution.

I had thought about doing this. brought the idea to my I-can-build-anything guy. he was concerned that the extra length may cause some trouble offroad. just something to think about.
? 45 minutes to unscrew 4 bolts? If you have non- powered mirrors, removing 2 bolts per mirror should take 8 minutes max. And if you want vibration free highway driving vision, Dietechs win. If you have powered mirrors, then yes, spend more for an extra set of stock mirrors for these brackets. If you really use your mirrors, nothing beats stockers in stock location ( the location that Dietechs place the mirrors.)

If you ever drove a step van, you know how to use mirrors going backwards.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 08-21-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

I just made some home made mirrors that work pretty darn well for $12 using stuff from the local hardware store yesterday. I'll post some pics tomorrow, its to dark outside. I don't really use the stock mirrors anyway, I just needed some so I could say that I have side view mirrors, the fact that they work really well is just a plus. I work on Fort. Campbell and the MPs harass me every time I come on post since I didn't have any mirrors. I used a "50 inch zinc screen/storm door turn buckle", 2 washers, a wing nut, a reverse threaded wing nut, a counter sunk/smooth headed screw and nut plate/washer nut thing. Bent them accordingly and slip them down through the holes that the doors mount on to. I then used a piece of sheet metal, drilled two holes through it, attached it to the metal rods and then used an extremely strong adhesive to hold the $2 bicycle mirrors from wally world. They're solid. Like I said, I'll post pics tomorrow once I can snap some in the sunlight, if anyone is interested I can provide more step by step instructions so everyone else could do it.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kallen90
I just made some home made mirrors that work pretty darn well for $12 using stuff from the local hardware store yesterday. I'll post some pics tomorrow, its to dark outside. I don't really use the stock mirrors anyway, I just needed some so I could say that I have side view mirrors, the fact that they work really well is just a plus. I work on Fort. Campbell and the MPs harass me every time I come on post since I didn't have any mirrors. I used a "50 inch zinc screen/storm door turn buckle", 2 washers, a wing nut, a reverse threaded wing nut, a counter sunk/smooth headed screw and nut plate/washer nut thing. Bent them accordingly and slip them down through the holes that the doors mount on to. I then used a piece of sheet metal, drilled two holes through it, attached it to the metal rods and then used an extremely strong adhesive to hold the $2 bicycle mirrors from wally world. They're solid. Like I said, I'll post pics tomorrow once I can snap some in the sunlight, if anyone is interested I can provide more step by step instructions so everyone else could do it.
Interesting. Yes, please.. post a pic or two when you can.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

This is how I go doorless Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	490727Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	490728

Quick Reply: Sideview Mirrors (doorless)