Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sideview Mirrors (doorless)

Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sideview Mirrors (doorless)

There has to be better options than what I've seen for side view mirrors (when doorless). The Rugged Ridge mirrors I have now move inwards at HWY speeds (even when I torq down on them). The "relocation" mirrors are only good when doorless, but totally useless on the passenger side when the doors are on. Does anyone have a DIY solution? (Or maybe there is another solution out there I haven't seen yet.)

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

I feel you brotha. seems like such a simple problem with a simple solution, but no one can come up with anything. amazing. I use the rigged ridge bracket on the drivers side. leave passenger mirror on the door. then use a Harley Davidson mirror in the hinge on the passenger side when I take the doors off. takes about 90 extra seconds. soon as I hear about a better solution, ill be all over it.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I use Harley takeoff mirrors. No movement whatsoever, very nice solution.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I made some pretty sweet mirrors. I'll have to take some pics and post them up. The two sides are definitely different. My drivers' side is about 10" and the passengers' side is about 15-17" tall. I'll post some pics soon. I could make a few sets if some want.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by G520
There has to be better options than what I've seen for side view mirrors (when doorless). The Rugged Ridge mirrors I have now move inwards at HWY speeds (even when I torq down on them). The "relocation" mirrors are only good when doorless, but totally useless on the passenger side when the doors are on. Does anyone have a DIY solution? (Or maybe there is another solution out there I haven't seen yet.)

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Throw some 2" convex blind spot mirrors on your closed outer air vents. Not the best for backing up because they dont stick out at all but for seeing whats behind/next to you while you're cruisin, they work just fine! And you can adjust them with the air vents!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Natedodge23
Throw some 2" convex blind spot mirrors on your closed outer air vents. Not the best for backing up because they dont stick out at all but for seeing whats behind/next to you while you're cruisin, they work just fine! And you can adjust them with the air vents!
I had no luck with this. Drivers' side was fine, but the passenger side-I couldn't see sheet. Just my .02
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...rs-off-267271/
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the relocation brackets as well and I know what you are saying. When I bought my Jeep (used) the PO had put on tome of the little round convex mirrors in the outer bottom corners on both mirrors. With the relocation brackets and the doors on, I can barely see my mirror, but I can see the convex mirror and it works pretty well for giving me a view of that side. Probably no the solution you were looking for, but it works for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

I think it will come down to either fabbing something up so I can see the mirror on the pass side or tack welding the thread on the RR mounts so it doesn't move. I hate to do that, but there isn't much else out there.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Somewhere in the threads (kinda lazy to look at this moment) but a forum member cut his passenger side, and welded an extra two inches and solved this problem.

Quick Reply: Sideview Mirrors (doorless)