Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Side armor that allows for front fender removal.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side armor that allows for front fender removal.

Does anyone know of some split side armor that allows for the front fender removal. By fender I mean the metal fenders not the fender flares. Warrior, Orfab, Smitty, and Metal cloak all make them but they appear to go the entire length without a seam so to remove the front fenders you need to remove them first. My other concern is I really don't want to put holes into my body for the nutserts. I live part time in a high salt winter environment and try to avoid putting rust magnets in. I was leaning towards warrior since they also say you can mount with adhesive and then cut them and paint the ends black again since I have a black JKU. But when I'm paying that much for a simple sheet of metal I would prefer to not have to cut myself.

This is what I'm talking about:
Warrior Products - Jeep - Sideplates | Warrior Products

Last edited by sportbikerr1; 03-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Side armor that allows for front fender removal.