Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Vs LOD

Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
... On a side note, I do believe it is actually against credit card issuing agreements to charge a card for the full amount prior to shipping. I believe they will allow a "reserve" or a deposit be made on a credit card, but not supposed to charge a card for the full thing until it is shipping.
That has been brought up here before, and I don't know whether anyone could confirm the truth of it or not. Regardless, if you do order and pay in advance, and then the business fails for whatever reason, if it's been more than some specified time period (90 days, I think), you may not have a recourse through the credit card company to get your money back. So, there is that small risk when ordering from a company like Shrockworks.

BTW: If everyone could get Shrockworks as quickly as you did, I suspect that there would be a lot more folks with Shrockworks gear adorning their Jeeps.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not looking to screw over a company at all, but want things to be "right."

My brother-in-law is Visa/Master Card certified and has VERY strong contacts in that industry. I just emailed him the question so we'll get the exact answer one way or the other.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I will all ways use Shrockworks on my OHV's. I know the Quality of there products first hand. So for me I dont care about the wait. IMO There products are well worth the wait. Plus They have been around for a long, long time, so I dont think they are going to go-under any time soon.

If you buy something online you have to have Patience, good things come to those who wait.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't think they'd mess anyone over either. They make a great product.

fyi, Per Visa/Mastercard a company can only charge your credit card for an item if it will ship in 48hrs.

Otherwise, it is against the issuing agreement. I think the only recourse is to contact Visa/MC directly and they will have the offending company "turned off."
Old 04-21-2010, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wal0vitch
Ya thats why I think I am going with the LOD..... I like the rear alot more then the shrockworks so I was going to go with front and rear lod.
I was going to go with Shrockworks but after hearing about the waiting time I'm leaning towards the Lod Stubby with the Stinger. I also seen a write-up on Project JK with some installation instructions.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGBOB
I was going to go with Shrockworks but after hearing about the waiting time I'm leaning towards the Lod Stubby with the Stinger. I also seen a write-up on Project JK with some installation instructions.
not to mention that david at northridge4x4 can get these shipped out in a week!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the shrockworks front stubby and rear tire carrier bumper in the first week of january, I called jim last week and he said the rear bumper was in powder coating and should be shipping this week. However the front is still three weeks away from being built. Hears to hoping that it won't be six months . Can't wait to see them!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 0llll0
I ordered the shrockworks front stubby and rear tire carrier bumper in the first week of january, I called jim last week and he said the rear bumper was in powder coating and should be shipping this week. However the front is still three weeks away from being built. Hears to hoping that it won't be six months . Can't wait to see them!
Curious to see if they follow their timeline they said. My rails were "in shipping" for over three weeks when they said they would be out that day.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll keep you posted! The other thing that will delay my shipment is that i live in Canada and it seems to be a real pain sometimes to get things here. I always get my stuff, but i have to wait longer and pay a hefty amount for it.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGBOB
I was going to go with Shrockworks but after hearing about the waiting time I'm leaning towards the Lod Stubby with the Stinger ...
Originally Posted by 0llll0
I ordered the shrockworks front stubby and rear tire carrier bumper in the first week of january, I called jim last week and he said the rear bumper was in powder coating and should be shipping this week. However the front is still three weeks away from being built. ...
I expect that both of you will be delighted with your purchases when they show up. All I can say to you 0llll0 is that the wait will be worth it. While LOD makes some really nice stuff, there is a distinct difference with the Shrockworks gear. When you look at them side-by-side, as I have, you can start to pick out those differences. But, that isn't a knock against LOD--they truly do make some really nice gear, too. Just a smidgen not quite as nice as Shrockworks.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Vs LOD