Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Vs LOD

Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by yomondo
... Personally I went with Shrockworks all the way around (front, rear and sliders). You gotta be patient though. My Shrockworks front bumper took 6 months. Before I ordered it, they told me it would take 2 to 2-1/2 months, which made the 6 months feel like years. My rear one is on order, and I'm not even gonna think about it until August. ...
I am so-o-o happy I waited. It's a really nice bumper and racks; well worth the wait. But, having other Shrockworks products, you already know that!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 jfreeddo. Great instructions for the rear bumper install on the LOD Web site. It's actually in .pdf format so you can download.

Waiting, patiently, for my LOD Gen 2 rear w/ tire carrier.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my Shrockworks mid in. Ordered after Christmas, so about a 3.5 month wait.

Unfortunately there were some to-the-metal gouges on the front of it so I don't get to put it on this weekend. I sent them mail last night with a couple pics, we'll see what they say.

(I believe the damage occured -before- packaging based on the location and type of gouges. It is like what you'd get on a piece of plastic if you put it on the concrete and stood on it, not like something that could happen during shipping - it was very well packaged with expanding foam)
Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Just repeating what others have said but the only thing bad about Shrockworks is the wait. I ordered front and rear bumpers with a winch back in November. Finally got my last piece 3/17. That being said I'm very impressed with the quality of the product and would most likely go through the torture of the wait again.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by X-caiver
Finally got my Shrockworks mid in. Ordered after Christmas, so about a 3.5 month wait.

Unfortunately there were some to-the-metal gouges on the front of it so I don't get to put it on this weekend.
3.5 months?! Why the heck did mine take six months then?!! Ordered it last September, received it a week and a half ago!

Sorry about the defect. That sucks after waiting so long, that it's not right. I received mine with missing nuts and washer, which I had to make a trip to the hardware store for.

Originally Posted by synscan
I ordered front and rear bumpers with a winch back in November. Finally got my last piece 3/17.
4 months! What, did they go on a 2-month vacation or something right after I ordered mine?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by yomondo
3.5 months?! Why the heck did mine take six months then?!! ...
I believe that ther build in batches. So, if you and another person order at different times, and he's lucky to order right before they out-source parts for the next batch, and you order the day after that out-sourcing, you can see some significant differences. Six months is a little long, these days--typically it's 2-4 months. But, I waited nearly ten on my rear because my order was misplaced and I waited seven months to check on it, so they didn't realize the problem.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

When someone takes you're money it is only good business and business ethics to keep the customer informed. Or charge them at shipping.
Banking someones money for 2-6-8 months why you get around to building
thier product is crap. Lucky for them there are so many people on here that are
fond of the name and product look.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by arkain04
When someone takes you're money it is only good business and business ethics to keep the customer informed. Or charge them at shipping.
Banking someones money for 2-6-8 months why you get around to building
thier product is crap. Lucky for them there are so many people on here that are
fond of the name and product look.
I'm still trying to figure out the psychology of why people complain about how others chose to spend their money. I see the same thing in an amateur astronomy forum about one particularly fine telescope maker with a wait in years (yes, I meant years--three minimum).

The puzzling aspect is, the complainers would never deal with those companies. So, why don't they just move along and find a business with which they'd be happy, instead of trying to convince those of us willing to put up with the wait and the nonsense (no denying the truth of any of that) that somehow we made a mistake? That's a tough sell once you actually take delivery of the product.

And, if you think you're warning folks off of Shrockworks, perhaps you need to read my posting #16 more closely: I always post up when someone mentions that they are considering Shrockworks what the issues are. And I speak from personal experience, then let the reader decide for himself whether he still desires to order from Shrockworks.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I'm still trying to figure out the psychology of why people complain about how others chose to spend their money. I see the same thing in an amateur astronomy forum about one particularly fine telescope maker with a wait in years (yes, I meant years--three minimum).

The puzzling aspect is, the complainers would never deal with those companies. So, why don't they just move along and find a business with which they'd be happy, instead of trying to convince those of us willing to put up with the wait and the nonsense (no denying the truth of any of that) that somehow we made a mistake? That's a tough sell once you actually take delivery of the product.

And, if you think you're warning folks off of Shrockworks, perhaps you need to read my posting #16 more closely: I always post up when someone mentions that they are considering Shrockworks what the issues are. And I speak from personal experience, then let the reader decide for himself whether he still desires to order from Shrockworks.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I liked the shrockworks mid-width over the LOD. I went through SLC for it. I was one of the ones that got lucky. Called them up, they had it, I bought it. Called, bought, and installed over the course of 4 days. (bought on Wed and installed on a saturday)

On a side note, I do believe it is actually against credit card issuing agreements to charge a card for the full amount prior to shipping. I believe they will allow a "reserve" or a deposit be made on a credit card, but not supposed to charge a card for the full thing until it is shipping.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Vs LOD