Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Stubby or Mid

Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shrockworks Stubby or Mid

I like the more minimalist looks of the Stubby but I have factory foglights.

Help me decide which front bumper to get!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you don't need to keep your fogs, i would definitely go with the stubby.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stubbs..........
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Well, my own choice is obvious ...

Photo by HighRlr ...

Let me warn you to be prepared for a wait--months long wait. And they will charge your credit card immediately when you place the order. But, despite those nuisances, I've looked closely at top-brand competitors products--Shrockworks is hands-down the best. I'm not knocking those other guys, but Shrockworks is just that good and it is that obvious.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 02-09-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

depends on your use for the bumper...If you rock crawl a lot I see the point in a stubby. Don't worry about the stock fog lights, they're pretty worthless (@ least for me, but I've got 3 other sets of lights). The best feature of my mid-width is the ability to mount my PA horns to it

Functionally they're pretty equal bumpers, either is a great choice.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I've had the mid-width for about 2 years now, went with the mid for the stock fogs. Honestly, looking back, I might have been better off getting the stubby and wiring up a set of fogs on the Shrock tabs with the stock steering column switch. Nothing wrong with the mid for a daily driver... but the stubby is just better for tire clearance and off-roading.

Either way you go, you're getting a good looking, stout, money well spent bumper. Mine's been seriously abused in a salt water enviroment and only shows signs of rust where my tires threw some rocks and dinged the powder coat. That problem would've been eliminated with a stubby, but a little bit of sanding and paint made it good as new...

Good luck with the bumper!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I went for the mid-width as I wanted to keep the stock fogs. I think they actually help and do *something.*

Try Screamin' Lizard, they often have them in stock and you don't have to wait as long.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by runit3
... Don't worry about the stock fog lights, they're pretty worthless ....
I have my lights set up for the stock fogs to light up the area immediately in front of the Jeep--exactly what fog lights should be doing. Above that are my (lousy) stock headlights. They illuminate a horizontally wide, but vertically narrow area starting where the fog lights leave off. Above that are the after-market driving lights (I know it's not legal, but I didn't wire mine into high beams). When I turn on all six lights, the area in front of the Jeep is well-illuminated, especially that critical area immediately in front of me (when off-roading). Once I replace the stock headlights with the new IPF lights I may revisit that configuration, but it really works well and the fog lights are a critical component.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Stubby or Mid