Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks sliders on rubi rails

Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks sliders on rubi rails

I procured a cheap set of Shrockworks sliders (non-body lift sliders) for my 4 door rubicon and decided to install them in addition to the rubi rails. After lots of rubi rails metal work I got a pretty neat fit. The Shrockworks supports rest on the rails. I did not consider that I was eliminating the isolation of the frame and the body when I did this. I have picked up some noticeable speed variable vibration - not to bad, but noticeable. Should I be concerned?

Last edited by wvhasty; 08-15-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a friend who did those on his jk and they made all kinda noise off-road, you may wanna think about lowering them away from the tub and rubi rails.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Had a friend who did those on his jk and they made all kinda noise off-road, you may wanna think about lowering them away from the tub and rubi rails.
Yeah - I can see that. I'm thinking the rubi rails need to come off. But maybe I can route out a 3 inch channel in the rubi rails around the supports. They're such a challenge to get on in the 1st place that I feel like hurling at the idea of pulling them back off.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I were you, I'd send them back or sell them, get something better.You could also sell the rubi rails to off set costs. JMO that you really don't need both frame AND body mounted sliders.

Last edited by mkjeep; 08-15-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had mine made to work with the Rubi rails, so they do not touch. I was thinking about some different scenarios when I was looking at doing mine. You may be able to add a 1" body lift which will lift the Rubi rails up off the Shrockworks sliders.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If I were you, I'd send them back or sell them, get something better.You could also sell the rubi rails to off set costs. JMO that you really don't need both frame AND body mounted sliders.
Your opinion is dead on. I just like the clean look of them both. But function trumps form. The rubi's are likely coming off.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azxr
I had mine made to work with the Rubi rails, so they do not touch. I was thinking about some different scenarios when I was looking at doing mine. You may be able to add a 1" body lift which will lift the Rubi rails up off the Shrockworks sliders.
That's a good idea. I'll have to research the issues that the BL will introduce.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wvhasty
That's a good idea. I'll have to research the issues that the BL will introduce.
I don't think there are any real issues with a 1" body lift other than the 1" gap which is not visually appealing to some.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

TORN did both of these--had his Shrockworks rock rails customized to work with the Rubi rails, and has installed a 1" BL ...

I really like the look of that, as opposed to mine without the Rubi rails ...

Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took you up on your suggestion and it turned out great. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Shrockworks sliders on rubi rails