Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks sliders

Old 08-25-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks sliders

I've done a search for Shrockworks sliders and am not coming up with a whole lot of info. For my taste, these are the best looking sliders / rails out there, but I'm curious to learn how they mount. The posts that my searches turned up seem to indicate that they are mounted directly to the frame. Can anyone back this up? I assume this means that the frame needs to be drilled? I'm okay with that as it sounds like it would be much sturdier than mounting them to the pinch weld.

If someone that bas these could provide photos of the mounting location, it would be much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Frame

They do mount to the frame and are extremely solid. Be prepared to wait, and wait and .........

I think it took 5 months to get mine. You might check with some of the retailers as they sometimes have them in stock.

Too late to take pictures at the moment. You do have to drill a few holes. I can't remember exactly how many, but only like 2 or 3. Purchase a good tapered bit as that makes it much easier to drill the holes. I also used a right angle drill (air). Much easier to get at the frame.

I left my Rubi sliders on, so had less room to work.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think they have some of the best looking products I've shopped for my CJ and JK. But given their loooong history of poor customer service, I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole. Wish it were different.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

too many options to wait months, especially considering their price
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Take a look at LOD. Same mounting method and look is similar. I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and still don't have them yet. They are supposed to ship this week though. Maybe he did a run of them and not just mine. Call them up tomorrow. Chris always answeres
Old 08-26-2012, 06:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisJ
I've done a search for Shrockworks sliders and am not coming up with a whole lot of info. For my taste, these are the best looking sliders / rails out there, but I'm curious to learn how they mount. The posts that my searches turned up seem to indicate that they are mounted directly to the frame. Can anyone back this up? I assume this means that the frame needs to be drilled? I'm okay with that as it sounds like it would be much sturdier than mounting them to the pinch weld.

If someone that bas these could provide photos of the mounting location, it would be much appreciated.
i've run them and they are great sliders. the only thing you need to be concerned with is how long it takes to get them. in a lot of cases, you should expect to wait a couple of months if not longer.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Default Shrockworks Sliders

Originally Posted by ChrisJ
There are a number of pics in this thread showing mounting locations --->> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...k-right-61719/

The wait is ridiculous given that you're required to pay up front for the product, which is very good. Don't buy the sliders unless someone has them in stock, or it will be 4-5 months of wondering if Shrockworks had gone out of business . . . taking your money with them.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Great info, guys. And JK-Rubi...I don't know how I missed that thread. Although it is for a 2-door application, those are exactly the kind of photos I was looking for. Thanks!

I'll start checking around with some of the vendors but being brand new to this, I don't really know who the main companies are yet. From browsing the forum over the last week Northridge pops into mind first. Who else should I check? If there is anyone in or near Seattle, that would be preferred so I could avoid shipping.

I love the look of the Shrockworks sliders, and since I'm hearing nothing but good things about the product, I'll be upset with myself if I go with another brand simply to cut down on the wait time. If their customer service truly is bad, then that's another story. That'll keep me from buying something even if it's the best product on the market. But it sounds to me like the only issue is the wait time...correct?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azxr
They do mount to the frame and are extremely solid. Be prepared to wait, and wait and .........

I left my Rubi sliders on, so had less room to work.
Just what I was looking for. Glad to see they work with the Rubi sliders. I think it looks better with the pinch seam covered.
Any idea how much they weigh?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had their front bumper and sliders on my old truck they make a phenomenal product. I hit a deer going 55mph on the highway in upstate NY didn't even ding the bumper. The powder coating was done really well in the 5 years I had my truck in NY never has a rust issue with their products. The bad news is the wait is stupid long and they require payment up front, my buddy got their rear bumper for his TJ and he waited almost 6 months to get it. Customer service is terrible he would call to get a timeline for the bumper and when they did answer they would tell him it was shipping in 2 weeks, always 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks sliders