Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rock sliders stepability?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the Shrockworks sliders mount up to the same holes as my existing factory Unlimited Sahara steps?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jckid
Do the Shrockworks sliders mount up to the same holes as my existing factory Unlimited Sahara steps?
You will have to drill 2-3 holes per side, through one side of the frame. The rest of the mounting locations use factory holes.

All the factory stuff I've seen (steps and sliders) bolt to the body.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Just to clirify....you can spray over it fine, I've just never seen textured black spray paint, so the scratches will stay smooth if you use normal paint for touchups.

You could try the Dupli-color brand spray can truck bed liner. It looks very similar when new, but I'm not sure if the two will age differently....so I prefer the semi-gloss for sliders personally.
rustoleum makes textured spray paint which works great. i used it on my sliders since im a tight wod on money... so it will help match the texture you want , and it comes in dif colors from lows or home depot.

Quick Reply: shrockworks rock sliders stepability?