Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Rock Rail

Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO, i'm not running any kind of body lift. I can't recall who I spoke to at Shrockworks, but at 1st I was told no they won't fit, then the next day I was told they could/would do it. I just cleaned out my emails and it was one that went.....

Last edited by 08blkrubi; 02-28-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dayton1999
No the Shrockworks sliders will not fit with the Rubicon rails installed.

like 08blkrbi said, yes, they will fit with the rubicon rails still in place. that is how i have them too. you just have to make sure you specify to shrockworks that you want them to fit that way.
they aren't the same as the ones made for the body lift.

with that said, now that i have them that way, i wish i had just ordered the regular ones and taken off the stock rubi rails. i have lost about 2 - 2.5" of clearance with them this way.

Last edited by mcnaught6; 02-28-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default More Pics!!!!!!

I am contemplating buying a set of these but would love to see some more pics of 2drs. !!!! Anyone else out there have these, especially with out the Rubi Rails....
Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

I installed a standard Shrockwork set on my 4 door Rubicon. The middle three legs are touching the factory rock rails on both sides and I'm getting all kinds of weird vibrations and noise. If i'd known i could order a special set to use with the Rubi rail i would have. I called the guys at Shrockworks today and discussed it with them. I'm going to mark the contact points, pull the Shrokworks rails and notch the Rubi rails slightly so that I can create about a 3/8" gap where the contact points are now.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Default Anyone installed these on their 08 unlimited yet?

I was reading WOL's write-up on this (awesome write-up BTW )....

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Just as the title says, has any 08 owners done this to their 4dr. The reason I ask is because I dont see the threaded hole stated on #6 of the write-up. Is this another design/feature that DC did away with...If so, us '08 owners have to actually drill holes for both the passenger & driver's side (very minor, but worth the effort to run the sliders)...Below are some pics...

from WOL's write-up

"6. Look on the bottom of your Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited’s passenger side frame rail close to the front lower control arm mount and locate the hole with a threaded nut welded on the inside. You will use this point to secure the forwardmost mounting point of your Shrockworks Rock Sliders. "

My pic...

I looked throughout the entire chasis & could not find that threaded hole (nothing towards the front or rear)

write-up..(driver's side)

"30. The steel in this part of your Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited’s frame rail is quite thick and you will need to use a 1/2" drill bit to make it all the way through."

Thanks....
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

6"

Originally Posted by N2rock
TMI

AGREED!!

Last edited by mmcan; 03-16-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Aldaman - I installed these on my '08 4 door and I had threaded locations on the front for both the drivers and pass. side.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Aldaman - I installed these on my '08 4 door and I had threaded locations on the front for both the drivers and pass. side.
Thanks for checking...Were the threaded locations being used? I checked mine again and the only areas that are threaded are the bolts holding the trans skid plates...I attached some pics....If that's not it, then this is very odd...Maybe there was a design change...My build date for the Jeep was 12/07...Thanks..

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, on the 2 door you use the threaded locations that are already being used for the skid plates. I am sure it's the same for the 4 door. If you hold the skid up there, the holes should line up.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Yes, on the 2 door you use the threaded locations that are already being used for the skid plates. I am sure it's the same for the 4 door. If you hold the skid up there, the holes should line up.
Thank you....

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Rock Rail