Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Rock Rail

Old 02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks Rock Rail

I decided to start a new thread just for the Shrockworks Rock Rails because the other thread (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/shrockworks-bumper-rock-rail-project-jk-2813/) is more about bumpers then the rock rails and it is getting long and confusing.

So if anyone from Shrockworks can answer:

1. When will the 4dr version be available?
2. When will the 2dr version be available?
3. How much will they cost?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good idea, i was wondering this too.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Originally Posted by dc_Minnesota
I second this question. I'm willing to wait for the 2 dr rock sliders if I can get a rough time frame (1 month?, 2 months?, late summer?), but I need to know my wait won't be for nothing.
2 dr shouldnt lag the 4dr by more that 2-3 weeks. About 8 weeks to product rolling out of here on the 2 dr.
Sliders....$400-$500 black powder coated. Should have exact pricing next week.
Sliders are 3/16" square tube and .120 or .134 DOM for the round. We have been selling this exact same design for other vehicles for 4 years now. It is very well proven in actual trail use.

RE Body mount sliders:
We are still investigating & testing. I'm not yet convinced they will hold up with the side tube attached to them and the side tube is a tremendous benefit as you have found. There is WAY less body surface area along the side of a JK than a TJ, and this is where the forces must go on an impact to the side tube. Will give more info as we get it.
We'll start taking orders next week when pricing is done. About 4-6 weeks for the first units to ship. Two door may be ready at the same time or might lag by about 2 weeks.
The factory rails mount to the body. These mount to the frame. I'm pretty confident that something mounted like the factory rails with a side tube attached will fold if you catch the tube hard. That's why we went to the frame with these. Plate steel ones that cover the body might work, but we are still investingating that.

Anyway, we utilize some existing holes, so you will only have to drill 3-4 holes per side and they are only through one side of the frame. Install shouldnt take more than 1 hr.

here is everything said about the sliders i could find in the thread. well about production and price. hope this helps. for the time frame references click in the dots by the post and that will take you to the other thread to see the dates posted.

Last edited by im4degreesaboveu; 04-02-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, nice work finding all of that info. Thanks

Now if we can just get the official blessing of Shrockworks as far as price and get it on their Web page so I can place my order.

Last edited by dougr5150; 02-17-2007 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Former Vendor

I'm going to try to get the 4dr & 2dr up on the www site today so people can start ordering. We are going to start making the first batch of 4DR sliders in a week.

The 2dr wont lag the 4dr by more than 2 weeks.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just placed the order for my 2dr

Theyare now available to order on the Web site
http://www.shrockworks.com/2007+-Wra...-pr-16206.html

Last edited by dougr5150; 02-17-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

are there pictures that show the differences between the semi-gloss black, textured black, and bare steel? -are any of those more durable or functional than the others or are they just different in aesthetics?

plus i don't understand the part about no body lift/1" body lift

Last edited by superboo; 02-21-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm thinking about doing a body lift eventually, but it's not there yet. Are they mutually exclusive?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
are there pictures that show the differences between the semi-gloss black, textured gloss black, and bare steel? -are any of those more durable or functional than the others or are they just different in aesthetics?

plus i don't understand the part about no body lift/1" body lift

i think it means if you have a body lift there will be extra pieces sent to you for the install. i think.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
i think it means if you have a body lift there will be extra pieces sent to you for the install. i think.
why would that be necessary if it's attached to the frame, independent of the suspension?

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Rock Rail