Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rear bumper -#1

Old 11-20-2007, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get why so many people LOVE the fact that the hitch is not integrated. Difference of opinion I get, but why all the fanatics? Nice bumper, but I'm curious to see how it would look with tube fenders, which are definitely in my future. Would prefer integrated hitch, as mine scrapes on the trails a bit, but after a lift and tires it shouldn't be a problem.

Any chance of another version with the ends tailing off into tubes for the last 4 inches or so, to accomodate tube fenders?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by .45Hardboil
I hope their plans include mounts for a hi-lift, gas cans and a rack...for those of us that like lots of crap hanging off our Jeeps.
Unless their plans have changed in the last two weeks they were not thinking about a rack, but where considering one gas can holder. A hi-lift mount sounded like a done deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smoke6
Good luck finding a Jeeperman. Last I heard they were closed. I had their swing away on my TJ. I freakin' loved that thing.

Yeah . . . someone else has probably already posted the news elsewhere but if they did, I couldn't find it. I was slathering over some old posts this morning showing Jeeperman's rear bumper . . . with a winch feature! Oh, baby . . .

But clicking on their website yields the following:

Jeeperman Manufacturing, LLC

We regret to inform you that we are in the process of closing our doors.

We have filled every current open order to the best of our knowledge.

Any customers with outstanding orders or concerns please e-mail kelly@jeeperman.com

Please do not panic, if we have overlooked an order
we will ship the order or issue a refund.

If you do not receive an email response within a few days please send
another as we have changed servers recently.

No new sales inquiries will be answered.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Former Vendor

For those of you worried about width, I have mentioned to many who have asked about the rear bumper that there is two versions (even some of those posting). This is the first proto for the full width style guys who want full coverage to the edge of the flare. There is also a stubby version for the minimalist who wants to run aftermarket flares (or no flares) which I have to get out and build ASAP for you to see...we still have an ace in the hole.

Some other concerns are about the tire cut out being deeper, which isn't possible, the cut out goes as far down as possible and is basically resting on the rear crossmember. Take your stock bumper off or crawl under your jeep and look at the restrictions we are working with.

This crossmember also comes into play on the prefered location and integration of a hitch. We could have choosen to integrate a hitch but had to choose above or below that crossmember. We weighed the pros and cons such as loss of clearance, hitch height, weight addition for structural support, etc. and looked at the different changes need to the current design we have ended up with and chose what we did as the best general option. Why kill clearance and add wieght when there is already a substantial tow point available? What if Joe customer doesn't want to tow anything but requires more clearance?....What about making it a possible option to be able to do both?

All questions we have asked ourselves and weighed.

The question/statement about the tire carrier flex and moving it toward the center of the vehicle: Good point, it has and will be taken into consideration. And as someone stated there is only so far it can be moved toward the center due to tailgate interference...we are walking the fine line already and working on solutions to try and take care of both and more situtuations.

The mounting hasn't totally been finalized but as it stands the mounts catch both the side and bottom of the frame and the recovery points are directly intergrated.

We are working on making our product with function in mind and enough options to make it as generally pleasing as possible. We are working long and hard to accomplish this and our current orders. We appriciate the feedback and try as much as possible to take it into consideration, in some cases we have already addressed the issues and other cases try to include options prefered. And as always:

"You can please some of the people all of the time,
or you can please all of the people some of the time.
But you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 11-20-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

I realize that in the pics the carrieir its self is not in the pics but here is my thought on that...

Instead of using a external latch system on the bumper for the carrier, how about integrateing the carrier into the tailgate so that no latch is needed and both the tailgate and carrier open with one fell swoop.
I know i have seen this idea in pictures on here, but don't remember where.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
For those of you worried about width, I have mentioned to many who have asked about the rear bumper that there is two versions (even some of those posting). This is the first proto for the full width style guys who want full coverage to the edge of the flare. There is also a stubby version for the minimalist who wants to run aftermarket flares (or no flares) which I have to get out and build ASAP for you to see...we still have an ace in the hole.

Can't wait to see the Stubby version Nick! It would match my front bumper. Please think about Jerry can mounts.

BlkRuby, an oversized tire is a lot of weight to mount on a tailgate (especially if it's a Toyo ), and especially if you add the weight of full jerry cans . I wouldn't be comfortable with all the weight supported by the tailgate, although I know there are people who are doing it and say they don't have a problem.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

great idea in theory on the Expedition one, but body and frame flex independantly and something will have to give way
Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

As other mentioned, this is what i am talking about
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=34291

Don't know why the link didn't come up above me.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepik
great idea in theory on the Expedition one, but body and frame flex independantly and something will have to give way
True that things flex differet from each other, but i think the attatchment could be made that would alow the flex. Think of a control arm, then shrink realllly small, and use something like that to link the carrier to the tailgate. That would allow each to flex a little on their own.

Quick Reply: shrockworks rear bumper -#1