Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rear bumper -#1

Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my take on the paying up front bit.

Remember, I'm nobody so take this for what it's worth.

I don't mind paying up front if the promised delivery time is met.

That being said, if the delivery time is not met, then I'd hope the company would adjust the price of the goods a bit for the added, unplanned waiting time.

On the other hand, I understand how a small shop can't afford to have tons of crap laying around and I know first hand how it can suck to build something custom for someone and then have them back out on it. One thing that might solve that (or at least ease the pain if/when they do back out) is instead of charging the total up front, take a 20% non-refundable deposit on any special order that you (the seller) deems necessary (i.e. something that you think won't appeal to the masses and sell quick if the special orderer back out).

Does that make any sense?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Fallen Hero

Originally Posted by JYogi
Umm well the JK rails are offered in Anthracite so
are the Bumpers avail in Anthracite?

I have Steel Blue Rubi UL and think the Anthracite
would really look good with the AEV Argent wheels
I have sitting in the garage waiting for tires.

Also, will the stubby and full both be avail with
back up lights or just the full?
Well did you get the Anthracite rails and Bumpers lets see them!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Default Paying up front

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
Here's my take on the paying up front bit.

Remember, I'm nobody so take this for what it's worth.

I don't mind paying up front if the promised delivery time is met.

That being said, if the delivery time is not met, then I'd hope the company would adjust the price of the goods a bit for the added, unplanned waiting time.

On the other hand, I understand how a small shop can't afford to have tons of crap laying around and I know first hand how it can suck to build something custom for someone and then have them back out on it. One thing that might solve that (or at least ease the pain if/when they do back out) is instead of charging the total up front, take a 20% non-refundable deposit on any special order that you (the seller) deems necessary (i.e. something that you think won't appeal to the masses and sell quick if the special orderer back out).

Does that make any sense?
Yes there is sense in what you say. That being said I will give you my two cents for what ever it is worth.
What ever two parties agree to is fine as long as there is no surprises to either party. But paying up front does pose a risk that people should be aware of because in my lifetime I have seen similar things happen.
Say you pay up front to a mom & pop operation and mom & pop are driving down the road minding their own business and a driver coming the other way has had a snoot full comes into their lane and kills them and the buisness folds.
You may very well loose your money. Or there can be a nasty divorce. The risks may be small but I am sure you have heard of Murphy's Law (What can go wrong will go wrong)
But in the end what ever two parties agree upon as long as the buyer is aware is fine. Everyone has to the right make their own choice.
Have a great day, GRIZZ

Quick Reply: shrockworks rear bumper -#1