Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rear bumper -#1

Old 11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer... Prototype pics on shrockworks website... not what I was hoping for. Too wide and too low -- hitch should be integrated!

Any plans for a shorter and integrated hitch version???
Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

The photos are posted up on their website. It is similar to the Mopar or Warn, but how many different rear bumpers can there be? It looks very nice to me! I am sure the quality will be there as well.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Pics were taken today. Will have them up tonight or tomorrow!
Thank you. I looked at the bumper shots on the site (I wasn't aware you had put them there). I like the look -- it seems to follow the front bumper angles nicely. I know this is the prototype, so here are some comments:
  • Love that the bumper lets you use the factory tow package
  • Make the sides shallower (just a bit)
  • Maximize the indention for the tire
Can we also see pictures of mounting points as well as pictures looking from the rear tire towards the bumper?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gt3073b
...Cut em some slack.
Funny. I have cut them some slack. I don't think it's too much to ask for a little communication if you're going to miss a date. The dates were soft, but not that soft. I love their products and I'll most likely order the rear setup if I like what they do with the tire carrier; however, I'll be damned before I just take any delay or lack of communication laying down.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not sure whether I can post these here or not - but I figured they're on the internet and I'm not claiming the pics as mine, so here goes.

These are the pics of the PROTOTYPE Shrockworks rear bumper only (sans tire carrier). I understand from the Shrockworks website that the final version will be very similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrockworks Rear 01 (Small).jpg
Views:	648
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	4358

Name:	Shrockworks Rear 02 (Small).jpg
Views:	649
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	4359

Name:	Shrockworks Rear 03 (Small).jpg
Views:	638
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	4360

Name:	Shrockworks Rear 04 (Small).jpg
Views:	628
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	4361

Name:	Shrockworks Rear 05 (Small).jpg
Views:	646
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	4362

I think it looks great and can't wait to place my order!!!!! Great job!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Jim and Nick,

Prototype looks sharp. Nice lines. Looks like it fits the body nicely and that’s really saying something!!! It's a little like the Rock Hard bumper, but yours looks to sit a bit higher, yes?

The departure angle looks good – when do we get to see the prototype scratched and battered??????

The recovery points look serious... and I have to give you guys MAJOR points for incorporating them with the unit and not making them an Accessory to be purchased seperately. I like using the factory tow hitch.

I know firsthand from installing the Sliders that this unit will be solid, so I am curious how it connects overall? 3 bolts on either side of the frame? More in the middle?

Lastly, that is one major piece of steel you have. Nicely done gentlemen. Can’t wait to see it on the trail!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Great style and function! Also love the fact you can use the factory hitch. Now if the price stays reasonable I will purchase one.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was definately hoping it would match the body width.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

This just went on the must-have list. I love it.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

too wide - but hey, some people like it like that.

nick - just a comment, since it is still a prototype. after seeing several other aftermarket bumpers, i have noticed that they seem to have the pivot point for the tire carrier too far towards the passenger side. it causes the passenger side outer portion of the bumper (the part outside of the body) to flex upward under the weight of the tire - especially when the tire carrier is swung outward.
consider moving it further toward the center of the vehicle - keeping the weight away from that outer edge as much as possible.

Quick Reply: shrockworks rear bumper -#1