Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rear bumper -#1

Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mshea
I thought I would share some pix of my mid width that I ordered on April 1.

What's that you said? You can't see them???

That's because THEY HAVEN'T DELIVERED IT YET!!!!

They hit my debit card right away though.
Charging the card many months before products are delivered really irritates the hell out of me.

Let's just say I ordered the LOD signature rear bumper first week of May, and he did NOT charge my card until he shipped it last week (Fricken awesome bumper I might add -- not as solid built though as my Shrock stubby up front) -- nice to see at least some companies have some ethics... Yeah, you can always cancel months later if you get tired of waiting-- but after they raked up any interest they could get.

If the demand is there, which is obvious for the wait on any part you order, then why be shady and charge the card instantly...?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by histrung
Charging the card many months before products are delivered really irritates the hell out of me.

Let's just say I ordered the LOD signature rear bumper first week of May, and he did NOT charge my card until he shipped it last week (Fricken awesome bumper I might add -- not as solid built though as my Shrock stubby up front) -- nice to see at least some companies have some ethics... Yeah, you can always cancel months later if you get tired of waiting-- but after they raked up any interest they could get.

If the demand is there, which is obvious for the wait on any part you order, then why be shady and charge the card instantly...?
Let's say you purchase a bumper for $1000 and you are not charged immediately but the money is there, so no worries. 8 weeks later you've overlooked the fact that this has been on order and have not adjusted your funds properly or had an emergency and suddenly your account shows up missing $1k. That might hurt worse than an immediate charge or debit. At least with the immediate charge you know the money is not there and where it went so you can account for it. Personally, I don't like it when companies don't charge me right away.

In fairness, you know going into the purchase that you're probably going to be waiting 4 to 6 weeks. They had some trouble awhile back which pushed deliveries out a few more weeks.

I was in the same boat twice with JK parts but I learned to be patient years ago (waited patiently for an exhaust that took 1 year to arrive, among other things) and understand that things happen that are out of the manufacturers control. The final product is well worth the wait. Let them do their thing and you will be happy in the end. Gaurenteed.

----------------
Now playing: Yagya - Walkman
via FoxyTunes

Last edited by riverzendz; 06-18-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Let's say you purchase a bumper for $1000 and you are not charged immediately but the money is there, so no worries. 8 weeks later you've overlooked the fact that this has been on order and have not adjusted your funds properly or had an emergency and suddenly your account shows up missing $1k. That might hurt worse than an immediate charge or debit. At least with the immediate charge you know the money is not there and where it went so you can account for it. Personally, I don't like it when companies don't charge me right away.

In fairness, you know going into the purchase that you're probably going to be waiting 4 to 6 weeks. They had some trouble awhile back which pushed deliveries out a few more weeks.

I was in the same boat twice but I learned to be patient long ago and understand that things happen that are out of the manufacturers control. The final product is well worth the wait. Let them do their thing and you will be happy in the end. Gaurenteed.

----------------
Now playing: Yagya - Walkman
via FoxyTunes

Naw... I'd rather be in control of my own finances, instead of using that as a reason to justify charging the card months before delivery. For 'knowing' that it takes 4-6 weeks for anything to be delivered... that's good and all for those who follow forums to know this -- still not good business practices IMO. I can see a situation where the company is a start-up or going through rough times and are on a shoestring budget.... I don't think that's the case here.

Regardless, yeah patience is good, but my point is this goes both ways...

I would agree Shrock parts are worth waiting for, quality is top notch!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's the finish on the bumpers and how do they match up?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
No, it is a compression latch. We opted away from the slam latch to ensure there was no rattling. This latch actually clamps the gate to the backstop.

Nick

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor

Naw... I'd rather be in control of my own finances, instead of using that as a reason to justify charging the card months before delivery. For 'knowing' that it takes 4-6 weeks for anything to be delivered... that's good and all for those who follow forums to know this -- still not good business practices IMO. I can see a situation where the company is a start-up or going through rough times and are on a shoestring budget.... I don't think that's the case here.

Regardless, yeah patience is good, but my point is this goes both ways...

I would agree Shrock parts are worth waiting for, quality is top notch!

Glad to see you think we are huge but you'd be surprised. The quality is there BECAUSE we are small; the guys care about what they are building and build everything as if it were going on their own vehicle. We can tell who made what by the welds and you should hear the squabbles when someone calls out another on any aspect lacking our standard of quality. We are harder on ourselves about quality and even the lead time than anyone on any of these forums. We are proud to be compared to the "BIG" companies but no one here is driving a Mercedes. If we had money to throw around there would be no lead time...if you throw enough money at a problem it goes away, right? We could outsource our work or have a bunch of people around here who aren't here because they care about 4 wheeling and the product we are putting out for the hobby we that consumes us...but then again I think you wouldn't be getting the level of quality we currently demand.

Anyway, this is not my usual area of discussion but since I am here I'll let you know the reason for the immediate charge is that the parts a custom with several option variations, built to order when you order it. There have been cases of non payment until the end and us chasing the customer down for weeks with a product ready to ship after "waiting" for through the long lead time. Also, there are the cases of non payment and cancellation when we call to bill at the end, leaving us with a part that has a variable not desired by others which again the part sits waiting to fill an order. That has taken anywhere from a month to some products I still trip over after years.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 06-19-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad to see you think we are huge but you'd be suprised. The quality is there BECAUSE we are small, the guys care about what they are building and build everything as if it were going on their own vehicle. We can tell who made what by the welds and you should hear the squables when someone calls out another on any aspect lacking our standard of quality. We are harder on ourselves about quality and even the lead time than anyone on any of these forums. We are proud to be compared to the "BIG" companies but no one here is driving a Mercedes. If we had money to throw around there would be no lead time...if you throw enough money at a problem it goes away, right? We could outsource our work or have a bunch of people around here who aren't here becuase they care about 4 wheeling and the product we are putting out for the hobby we that consumes us...but then again I think you wouldn't be getting the level of quatily we currently demand.

Anyway, this is not my usual area of discussion but since I am here I'll let you know the reason for the immediate charge is that the parts a custom with several option variations, built to order when you order it. There have been cases of non payment until the end and us chasing the customer down for weeks with a product ready to ship after "waiting" for through the long lead time. Also, there are the cases of non payment and cancellation when we call to bill at the end, leaving us with a part that has a variable not desired by others which again the part sits waiting to fill an order. That has taken anywhere from a month to some products I still trip over after years.

Nick
I'll add to the positive voucher list of those who use your product. Having picked mine up from your facility I was shocked at it's size for what's produced, very impressed. It sounds like you guys are doing a little Material Requirements Planning II- Just In Time Material Management. Whereby you build to order, keep minimum inventory (costs for just sitting there not in use) until you need it. Having done that in my past life (I don't miss it I might add) just sounded familiar but is a good way to do business Vs. having several sitting around in inventory waiting for customers. Although I don't personally think your products would be sitting on shelves very long at all.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

I don't mind paying up front, I understand that I am buying a custom part. I mind waiting, but that wasn't a secret when I ordered. We all know 4 to 6 weeks means 2 to 4 months in Shrockwork language. Its almost part of earning your right to have the stuff bolted on your jeep.

Impatiently, happily, credit card already paid off waiting.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
I don't mind paying up front, I understand that I am buying a custom part. I mind waiting, but that wasn't a secret when I ordered. We all know 4 to 6 weeks means 2 to 4 months in Shrockwork language. Its almost part of earning your right to have the stuff bolted on your jeep.

Impatiently, happily, credit card already paid off waiting.
I concur (sp)? I'd rather pay up front. I don't think the guys are down at Shrockworks saying "they already paid, so there is no hurry getting this stuff out". They are doing their best. My only wish is that if they tell you it is going to be 4-6 weeks, it takes 4-6 weeks. This Saturday marks 11 weeks since I ordered my mid-width and 10 weeks since I ordered my sliders. Just tell everyone they are looking at 12 weeks before they see the product. It might cause a few people to look elsewhere, but at least everyone will know when their stuff is going to arrive.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to see you think we are huge but you'd be surprised. ....

Nick
Fair enough. I realize you guys aren't huge, just didn't think you were small enough to require the funds up front in order to build the products (based on all the top quality products you offer and long lead times that I figured were based on demand).

It makes perfect sense that you don't want to get stuck on custom work (although I'd bet you have someone in line for just about every configuration of your JK products) or waste time trying to track a customer down because their card won't work when the product is ready -- I guess I would rather you be building my sliders than tracking down someone elses insufficient funds.

Like I already mentioned, Shrockworks quality is top notch if not the best -- I would bet my stubby front bumper is the highest quality product made for the JK as well as the higest quality part of my Jeep! Regardless of my rant on charging months in advance, it's still worth the wait and I'll continue to buy your products (with exception of the rear bumper since I couldn't wait any longer - hopefully I won't regret my decision).

So... how much longer on my sliders? No need to waste time researching/responding, since the Jeep is down for the count at the moment anyway... I'll call when I get anxious.

Quick Reply: shrockworks rear bumper -#1