Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shrockworks rear bumper -#1

Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Milkman
The bumper looks great with the can and hi lift storage. If it only had a cb antenna mount tho
You can't bolt a CB through any of the multiple holes on the top??? That's what I was planning , I guess we could come up with something else to bolt on and you could spend more money on if you want us too.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 03-12-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the look of this bumper/tire carrier. I have your front bumper, this will be a nice edition to the back end.

And the list continues....maybe I can talk my son into taking a year off and just hang around the house instead of going to college.$$$$
Old 03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
....maybe I can talk my son into taking a year off and just hang around the house instead of going to college.$$$$
My kids are too young to realize I'm spending their college $$ on the Jeep!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
This is not a rough.The only thing unfinished is the gas can holder..every gap or joint is intentional and the "seams" have less than .03" of a gap. It is the final barring any function changes needed. Those " lots of cutouts (such as in the connection between the tire carrier swing arm and the upper tire mounting bracket) and relief/weight reduction holes all over it" are for the welders to know where to weld as well and keeps the unwelded sections away from each other to avoid crevasses that will be tight for the powder coat to get into and eventually rust. The "weight reduction holes" have several purposes. If it was a solid sheet of plate it would obviously weight a lot more "putting material where it's needed and losing it where it's not", they also allow for accessability for both the powdercoater into tight areas as well as the customer to install fasteners on the inside. The holes on top are accessible from the back.

Nick
I already have a rear (non-tire carrier edition, obviously) on order through Northridge and want to stay the course on that. Is there anyway this will be available to add to an existing Stubby?

I am willing to pay to have it welded on and there are shops locally that are competent enough to get this done. I'm also willing to accept the risk of any damage to either product through having a local shop weld this...

Thanks in advance for the consideration.
Gadget
Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

My front mid-width is now officially in the mail!!

Powerplant showed up today.

I've got to have the swing out rear stubby!!

Can't wait.

Blue Mesa
Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I called shockworks and was put on the list talked with Kevin and he was very helpful. And thay just had to post the cad drawing man it looks NICE!!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the gerry can mount and hi-jack mount a bolt on to the carrier?

If not, do you end up with a big piece of metal sticking out to wack into??

Looking forward to production.

tnx

Blue Mesa

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
There is a waiting list....

It will hold up to a 37" tire, adjustable both vertically and in and out for different backspaced wheels and tire size. This allows a wide range of wheel options and maximum visibility for different tire sizes. It is designed to be modular to use all the space possible. Ditching the old tube style carrier system and going with a formed 3/16" design allowed it to be light weight while not sacraficing strength, putting material where it's needed and losing it where it's not. Doing this has taken the usual 3 or 4 contact points where the tube attaches to the swing arm and expanded it over the whole length of the arm making it more rigid. There are mounting holes all along the top edge for bolting on additional accessories (gas can, HiLift) or what you can fab up taking advantage of every inch available. It contacts both the stock rubber bumps on the tailgate as well as an additional adjustable bumper to ensure no rattle or bounce of the carrier with a stainless backing plate for bolting to the tailgate to protect the paint and strengthen the contact area. A standard lisc. plate mount to relocate the license plate inside of tire with LED Light and 3rd brake light which is easily removable to remove the spare tire and it too adjusts to different backspaced wheels. Also integrated mounts for lights in the bumper .....there's the quick run down...

Shown on a Stubby Rear but will be available for both styles of bumper.

Nick
Old 03-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blue Mesa
Is the gerry can mount and hi-jack mount a bolt on to the carrier?

If not, do you end up with a big piece of metal sticking out to wack into??

Looking forward to production.

tnx

Blue Mesa
Those will be bolt on options.

Nick
Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shrockworks
We'll have something to show you in a few weeks. 4 max.
Score!!! Can't wait to see it. Please post here when the details are available.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IMFletch
Score!!! Can't wait to see it. Please post here when the details are available.
aahhh, that's on pg. 1 talking about the rear bumper prototype . We will post pics here when we have something but this was taken out of a context. Did you enter the beginning of the thread yesterday?

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 03-18-2008 at 04:31 AM.

Quick Reply: shrockworks rear bumper -#1