Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Mid-Width and Winch on stock height JK?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shrockworks Mid-Width and Winch on stock height JK?

Well, my winch is coming in next week and my bumper is sitting in the basement ready to go on. I'm still waiting for some funds to buy the rest of the components so I can put my lift on. Would it be a bad idea to put my Shrockworks bumper with a Warn 9.5ti on my stock height Rubi Unlimited? Would it squat the front end too much? I'd like to get all of the wiring for the winch and my PIAA fogs out of the way before I put the lift on, but not if it's going to make my Jeep look like a wedge.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Menard666
Well, my winch is coming in next week and my bumper is sitting in the basement ready to go on. I'm still waiting for some funds to buy the rest of the components so I can put my lift on. Would it be a bad idea to put my Shrockworks bumper with a Warn 9.5ti on my stock height Rubi Unlimited? Would it squat the front end too much? I'd like to get all of the wiring for the winch and my PIAA fogs out of the way before I put the lift on, but not if it's going to make my Jeep look like a wedge.
The front of mine dropped almost 2 inches with the weight my Ramsey Patriot 9500 winch and the Shrockworks mid width bumper on stock Rubicon springs (2-door). I added some 2" poly spacers to the front coils at the same time to offset it.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gint2
it shouldn't sag instantly, if you are lifting it soon, I would do it now and be 1/2 don with the project. Lucky you guys, I can't get my Shrockworks for 3-4 months!
I found my bumper used to skip the wait I just don't want to have to spend money on spacers when I have a Teraflex 4" Long Arm sitting in the boxes waiting to go on. Probably be a few more months before I can get everything. Unless I'll need the spacers with the lift too, but I'm thinking no?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I'm going with a Shrockworks Stubby Rear, but it'll take a while to get.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Mid-Width and Winch on stock height JK?