Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
eddie (or anyone) do you guys think it would be ok to ride bumper-less? how far do those frame rails stick out? you think it would look weird? i really dont like the look of the stock but can't afford anything right now, and i dont own anything to hack the stock into a stubby.

what to do?
I don't think you would have a problem in TX. Iv seen plenty of guys riding around with no bumpers. Tho id sugest leaving the metal part of the stock bumper on and finding somewhere to put the license plate so you don't get harassed by the police. There might be some law agianst it but I doubt the police would inforce or even know about it.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoombaMR20
all you have to do to hack down the the factory to a stubby is to get a hack saw, you can cut through the plastic and the steel with relative ease.
yeah but i don't have the money to even get a hack saw i am really friggin broke right now

Originally Posted by TEV
I don't think you would have a problem in TX. Iv seen plenty of guys riding around with no bumpers. Tho id suggest leaving the metal part of the stock bumper on and finding somewhere to put the license plate so you don't get harassed by the police. There might be some law against it but I doubt the police would enforce or even know about it.
i was wondering about the legalities of this too. as for the plate i was gonna find somewhere for it. might go ask the mexican crew throwing up the houses if i can borrow their power saw
Old 04-20-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look I don't want to sound like your dad or an ass but you're so broke you can't afford a hack saw but are driving a '07 wrangler?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Cut it down to a stubby, use a swiss army knife, that would make you a hero. If you take the whole bumper off, you'll just want the Shrockworks or whatever even more. I think the stock stubby is really a good looking mod.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah but i don't have the money to even get a hack saw i am really friggin broke right now
Hey im4degreesaboveu, just find a local Jeep club to help you out. Hell, if you were in SoCal, I'd chop it down and make it look real pretty for you for FREE. I did for doojer
Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MoombaMR20
all you have to do to hack down the the factory to a stubby is to get a hack saw, you can cut through the plastic and the steel with relative ease.

Originally Posted by TEV
I don't think you would have a problem in TX. Iv seen plenty of guys riding around with no bumpers. Tho id suggest leaving the metal part of the stock bumper on and finding somewhere to put the license plate so you don't get harassed by the police. There might be some law against it but I doubt the police would enforce or even know about it.
i was wondering about the legalities of this too. as for the plate i was gonna find somewhere for it. might go ask the mexican crew throwing up the houses if i can borrow their power saw
Old 04-20-2007, 08:12 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dejavu

Id help you out but I don't have a power saw...

I have ordered the shrockworks bumper tho and when it comes in, ill let you have my LoD front for pretty cheap. Will probably be a few weeks tho.

Last edited by TEV; 04-20-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

Bring it up here and I'll hack it off for you.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Wow, now that's a guy who's a real Jeeper 1st and a businessman 2nd
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
for real? you busy today?

sent you a pm jim

Last edited by im4degreesaboveu; 04-20-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE