Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 04-19-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
First batch is already at the powder coater and will ship next week. The 2nd batch the week after. This should cover all existing order except a few placed very recently...within the last week or so.
Thanks Jim. I was actually inquiring about seeing the one with Fog Light holes too. Any updates?

Also, if I was to order the one that is available now, can I request the Fog Light tabs on the top be removed?

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bring on the Fogs!! Still waiting for this bumper...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 600????????????//

Let me toss on my flame retardant suit for a moment..... OK here goes. Nice bumper and read through this whole thread; ready to order longer version with fog light cut outs (assuming that was going to be available) but you lost me about here when I saw the price. I thought this bumper was going to be nice (which it is but also priced right), 400 range, OK 450+ but now in the 600 range unpainted? (buyer mentioned bare steal?) I have to say I would go with an AEV way before this for an extra 200 dollars. Now I am not a super hard core off roader so that is most likley the big difference here. Nice product just hoping someone releases something new a bit lower in price..... someone asked about the crush cans and did not hear back.... have heard some people say they are not needed in other threads and not going to start that banter, but IMO they are very much needed and designed for a purpose to take some light impack off the jeep thus allowing for NON air bag release based on just a slight bump etc.... anyway thats it... keeping the flame jacket on in case someone gets a little worked up based on my comments...

Originally Posted by JIMMYB
WELL I JUST ORDERED MY SHOCKWORKS BUMPER THIS MORNING. THEY MUST BE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES CAUSE THE PRICE HAS GONE UP ALREADY. $596 W/WINCH HOOP AND 2 CLEVIS SHACKLES-BARE STEEL.OH WELL, THATS WHAT I GET FOR WAITING TO LONG.

Last edited by mickfluff; 04-19-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:08 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Let me toss on my flame retardant suit for a moment..... OK here goes. Nice bumper and read through this whole thread; ready to order longer version with fog light cut outs (assuming that was going to be available) but you lost me about here when I saw the price. I thought this bumper was going to be nice (which it is but also priced right), 400 range, OK 450+ but now in the 600 range unpainted? (buyer mentioned bare steal?) I have to say I would go with an AEV way before this for an extra 200 dollars. Now I am not a super hard core off roader so that is most likley the big difference here. Nice product just hoping someone releases something new a bit lower in price..... someone asked about the crush cans and did not hear back.... have heard some people say they are not needed in other threads and not going to start that banter, but IMO they are very much needed and designed for a purpose to take some light impack off the jeep thus allowing for NON air bag release based on just a slight bump etc.... anyway thats it... keeping the flame jacket on in case someone gets a little worked up based on my comments...
Extra 200 for AEV??? maybe before the skid plate, winch mount, ect.

Crush cans imo are not needed, They're are plenty of vehicles that have air bags and no crush cans. Besides if you throw a roller fairlead on the AEV bumper then it sticks out past the crush cans so whats the point? AEV is also a full width bumper, shrockworks bumper is a stubby which puts them in 2 different categories if you ask me. I havn't seen the bumper in person yet but I have seen they're products on other vehicles and shrockworks in top quality. The welds look great and metal is smooth. The powder coat was also very nice and imo worth the money.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Jesus, I just got done posting this on another thread but I guess it needs to be here too.

THE CRUSH CANS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS IF THEY GET HIT - period. If they don't make contact with whatever you hit in a collision (like hitting a pole or tree right smack in the middle of your bumper or clip another car on the side of it), they will do absolutely nothing for you regardless of what bumper they are on. Don't believe me, look at the pic below to see for yourself what the crush cans are...

These two hollow soup cans on your factory bumper subframe do not have any wiring, electronics, sensors or otherwise in them and once again, unless they get directly hit, they will do absolutely NOTHING for you in a minor collision regardless of what bumper they are on.

Now, if you want to spend extra money on a bumper that you think looks cool and maybe offers some airbag deployment prevention, great. But please, don't not buy another bumper like the Shrockworks just because of some mis-leading F U D (fear, uncertainty and doubt) that been floated around here by some.

Last edited by wayoflife; 04-19-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mickfluff
... but you lost me about here when I saw the price. I thought this bumper was going to be nice (which it is but also priced right), 400 range, OK 450+ but now in the 600 range unpainted?.
OK you asked for it....nomex on!

It is not our intent to make low cost products....only excellent products at a good value for the quality and performance you get. The AEV is a nice bumper, but really is an apples to oranges comparison (stubby vs full width)...but since you brought it up....do the math.

You want a bargain.....our bare bumper WITH skid plate, winch mount AND 1" recovery tabs is $464.00 and shipping is only ~ $50 so ~ $514.00 total

AEV $799.00 bumper + $249.00 winch mount + $299.00 skid plate + recover points $99.00 = $1446.00 + ~$150 shipping or $1596.00 total .... or about triple the price of our basic bumper.

Powder coated with the winch hoop our stubby is is $589.00 which is a bargain and will likely go up.

Cans are for soup and beer!

Last edited by shrockworks; 04-19-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JKMAN
Bring on the Fogs!! Still waiting for this bumper...
It's coming...the design is done, but we had to put it on hold while we iron our one little piddly production issue. I know I've said it b4, but we should have pics and pricing in a few weeks.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

eddie (or anyone) do you guys think it would be ok to ride bumper-less? how far do those frame rails stick out? you think it would look weird? i really dont like the look of the stock but can't afford anything right now, and i dont own anything to hack the stock into a stubby.

what to do?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

all you have to do to hack down the the factory to a stubby is to get a hack saw, you can cut through the platic and the steel with relative ease.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
eddie (or anyone) do you guys think it would be ok to ride bumper-less? how far do those frame rails stick out? you think it would look weird? i really dont like the look of the stock but can't afford anything right now, and i dont own anything to hack the stock into a stubby.

what to do?
it's not legal to run without bumpers in most states that i've heard...even the yj's had to have those ridiculous little hoops on the back...

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE