Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the stubby with a bar like the Mountain Offroad Stubby from the SEMA show. Looks like the winch hoop, but larger, and with one support coming from the rear corner of each side.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

will be picking up my Jk Unlimited X later next week and I just want Shrockworks to know that I will be placing my first Jeep aftermarket order for their front bumper (semi-gloss black) with winch loop! Great style...best I have seen yet...props to you!

Any timing on the extended length? I echo that I would also like to have integrated fogs in the bumper. I will probably sell my stubby once the full length comes out and switch to that one..

Mergs
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Wink

WELL I JUST ORDERED MY SHOCKWORKS BUMPER THIS MORNING. THEY MUST BE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES CAUSE THE PRICE HAS GONE UP ALREADY. $596 W/WINCH HOOP AND 2 CLEVIS SHACKLES-BARE STEEL.OH WELL, THATS WHAT I GET FOR WAITING TO LONG.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pmergler
will be picking up my Jk Unlimited X later next week and I just want Shrockworks to know that I will be placing my first Jeep aftermarket order for their front bumper (semi-gloss black) with winch loop! Great style...best I have seen yet...props to you!

Any timing on the extended length? I echo that I would also like to have integrated fogs in the bumper. I will probably sell my stubby once the full length comes out and switch to that one..

Mergs
I call dibs when you sell your stuby.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pmergler

Mergs
I have the same question.
Any news on the bumper with foglights? What's the progress?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J33P JK
I have the same question.
Any news on the bumper with foglights? What's the progress?

Ditto that.

I am on hold too.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Yes,

Me too. I'm also waiting on the factory fog version.

Jim, If your reading this.... PLEASE don't make it too wide. Just enough to squeeze in the fogs. I love the stubby look with the winch bar...I just want to run my factory fogs as well.

Post pics when you fab up a prototype and i'm sure all of us here can give you some feedback!

Better yet.... Send me the prototype and i'll test it for ya!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Jim,

What if you moved the D ring mounts inboard a few inchs on the stubby. Could you fit in the factory fogs at extreme end of the bumper?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SiXeVeN
Jim,

What if you moved the D ring mounts inboard a few inchs on the stubby. Could you fit in the factory fogs at extreme end of the bumper?

I dont know for sure, but it looks to me like the D-ring mounts are right over the tips of the frame, just like the factory tow hooks. If that is true, it wouldnt make sense to move them inwards, they would be stronger where they are as i would imagine they are somewhat integrated into the mounting points to the frame rails. and you wouldnt gain any room for the lights. I went on this assumption when i p-shopped them into it earlier in this thread.

If i am wrong...

...you could send me a bumper to prove it.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

!!!-Ping-!!!

No word on the version with Fog Lamps...? I would order one today if it was available!

~

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE