Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 09-15-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORN
I will have to weld up a new bar for swaybar motor since I mashed it in moab.
Is that a body lift puck I see in the second pic?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by John L
Is that a body lift puck I see in the second pic?
yes it is a 1" BL
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORN
yes it is a 1" BL
Cool, thanks.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I see your logic. I'll definitely wait to make a decision until I see yours.

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
The design is cut around the stock hitch. It was back and forth on weather to go under or above the cross member and include it but we opted for the lower center of gravity and vision with having a large tire back there. Damned either way really, if we put the hitch above we'd have people not liking how high the tire is to get on and off, can't see, how bulky it looks and someone complaining about having to get a huge drop hitch.

give and take...

Nick
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

are the black d-rings included with this bumper, or am i going to have to order them separately? i've already placed an order for the mid-width, just wondering if i have to order the rings now, or just paint a pair of the ones i have black.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
are the black d-rings included with this bumper, or am i going to have to order them separately? i've already placed an order for the mid-width, just wondering if i have to order the rings now, or just paint a pair of the ones i have black.
They did not come with the bumper. I bought these at a farm supply store for $7 a piece.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since many have made suggestion for their "ultimate" Shrockwork's bumper, I will throw out mine. I love the look of the stubby and only like the mid so:
Stubby with winch but put fogs where the D rings are and put factory hooks on top.
I really like driving with the road lit up by the factory fogs. The PIAA 525 mounted next to the std headlights, does driving with fog on cause other drivers to flash for high beams? If not, I could go std stubby with that setup.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by par4bmw
Since many have made suggestion for their "ultimate" Shrockwork's bumper, I will throw out mine. I love the look of the stubby and only like the mid so:
Stubby with winch but put fogs where the D rings are and put factory hooks on top.
I really like driving with the road lit up by the factory fogs. The PIAA 525 mounted next to the std headlights, does driving with fog on cause other drivers to flash for high beams? If not, I could go std stubby with that setup.
Ooops, on the wish bumper. The D rings are where the frame is, duh.

Help on the light's question would be great though.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by par4bmw
Ooops, on the wish bumper. The D rings are where the frame is, duh.

Help on the light's question would be great though.
The PIAA 525's work great as fogs. Much better than the stock ones and no trouble with oncoming traffic. The beam pattern is correct for use with a low beam.

If you install a lift that levels out the Jeep, i.e. raises the front more than the rear, your low beams will then be aimed too high and THAT caused a lot of people to flash me until I re-adjusted the headlights.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by putnam dan
at least the muffler can take a good hit, on the TJ it was the gastank that took the pounding. So Jim, without the factory/ aftermarket hitch your rear bumper wont have one?
We will offer a bolt on hitch similar to the stock one for people who dont have the factory one.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE