Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in

Jim,

Count me in as one of the five...sent you a private message as well...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrockworks
OK, OK...... If five people call me and place an order, I will run a batch of these. It will look just like the pic above. NO WINCH cutout on the top, no fairlead hole and no provisions for mounting a winch. Integrated fog lights. NO RECEIVER hitch. It will have two small 1/4" holes centered in the front face for a lisc plate.

Pricing will be the same as the current Winch Mount Stubby JK Front Bumper

Jim
Jim, did you guys ever determine if a winch could be mounted on a winch plate above the bumper, such as the Warn winchplate?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Bring it on.

You know, it's businesses like this, that makes it worth spending a few extra pennies(okay alot of extra pennies) on one of their products vs, other competition on the market.....

makes me want a shrockworks stubby even more.....

BUT I think you still need to offer a PO style stinger with headlight hoops like the TJ bumper for us JK'ers...
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WestGaParrotHead
You know, it's businesses like this, that makes it worth spending a few extra pennies(okay alot of extra pennies) on one of their products vs, other competition on the market...
Yup. I just got my mid-width and now I'm waiting for Shrockworks to come out with a rear bumper/tire carrier that works with a factory tow hitch. Jim said it's coming. Will a prototype be available this month?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I'm only interested in buying a rear bumper with an integrated hitch. At Camp Jeep, my Hitch dragged through just about every ditch I went through. Granted I'm still stock height for now, but still.

Jim, will your rear bumper with tire carrier have an integrated hitch? I'd love to complete the matching set (I have your rockrails installed and a stubby on order).
Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor

The design is cut around the stock hitch. It was back and forth on weather to go under or above the cross member and include it but we opted for the lower center of gravity and vision with having a large tire back there. Damned either way really, if we put the hitch above we'd have people not liking how high the tire is to get on and off, can't see, how bulky it looks and someone complaining about having to get a huge drop hitch.

give and take...

Nick
Old 09-11-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csorensen
Jim, did you guys ever determine if a winch could be mounted on a winch plate above the bumper, such as the Warn winchplate?
Bump this Question....
Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by putnam dan
why factory hitch when a much higher rated hitch could be built into the bumper with improved clearance?
Unless I'm missing something clearance isn't an issue with that huge tin can of a muffler back there.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, that mufflers been gone almost a year now.

And the hidden hitch drags on everything. Maybe after I get a lift it will be better.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Default something different

I will have to weld up a new bar for swaybar motor since I mashed it in moab.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE