Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, OK...... If five people call me and place an order, I will run a batch of these. It will look just like the pic above. NO WINCH cutout on the top, no fairlead hole and no provisions for mounting a winch. Integrated fog lights. NO RECEIVER hitch. It will have two small 1/4" holes centered in the front face for a lisc plate.

Pricing will be the same as the current Winch Mount Stubby JK Front Bumper

Jim
Old 08-29-2007, 02:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
OK, OK...... If five people call me and place an order, I will run a batch of these. It will look just like the pic above. NO WINCH cutout on the top, no fairlead hole and no provisions for mounting a winch. Integrated fog lights. NO RECEIVER hitch. It will have two small 1/4" holes centered in the front face for a lisc plate.

Jim
LOL!! You're such a pushover

Seriously, it's nice to know we've got manufacturers like you willing to help out our members
Old 08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks

Jim
It doesn't get any better than this folks. My hat is off to Jim and his team for offering this. Even though I already have a stubby on order, I have to say thanks.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a pretty good thing for them to respond to their customers this way -- even though I ordered a mid-width and like it so much better. Jim, this better not delay your work on a rear bumper!

Where's my mid-width?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mid-width bumper

I ordered mine about a week ago, and called today just to find out about how long it will take to get it. Was hoping to have it by next weekened for the Fall Crawl offroad event. Guess it takes 4 weeks to make the bumper. Wish they could keep them stocked, but I bet it might be tough at the moment to keep up with the orders, being that this is a new bumper? Guess im going to have to mount my winch on the stock bumper for now.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Default Just placed order

Just ordered the stubby bumper w/winch hoop, Powerplant, and PIAA 525" Combo lights.
Went w/semi-gloss since it can be touched up easily.

Also ordered the Rock Sliders

Can't wait!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

Jim, this better not delay your work on a rear bumper!

Ditto!

(But don't drop everything to get the rear done - I ordered my stubby and powerplant last week!)
Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Well slap me for being ignorant on this one. I guess I didn't know that the fog stubby bumper I thought I wanted did not have a winch mount. But seriously Jim, you seem like a class act and you shall not doubt have a future customer for a front bumper and some sliders if mine ever gets out of the shop with my problems fixed.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Default Extra weight an issue?

Lift and wheels are on my future mod list, but until then, does anyone know if the extra weight of the stubby and Warn Powerplant will noticably affect my suspension?
I've got a mostly stock Unlimited Rubicon
Old 08-30-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottcarp
Lift and wheels are on my future mod list, but until then, does anyone know if the extra weight of the stubby and Warn Powerplant will noticably affect my suspension?
I've got a mostly stock Unlimited Rubicon
Probably so, I calculated it to an additional 182 lbs that wasn't intended to be there. That's why I went with a BB lift that included front springs that were designed to handle the extra weight.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE