Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE

Old 02-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
This is my idea/input for this design.

I really like this bumper ALOT, but i want my factory fogs.

Now, take that bumper, stretch it JUST and i mean just wide enough (but nothing extra) to put the factory fogs back in the bumper, but outside the frame rails...

Please pardon my mediocre Photochopping skills.

BTW, i really like the platinum/grayish color of your prototypes. It should be an option.
Have you been spying on us? I think you will like the wider version that is in the works now.

If you want a custom color, call. The anthracite (dark charcoal gray) color in the pics is a two step metallic, so it will be more expensive, but we can do it. If there is enough interest, I'll make it a std option.

Last edited by shrockworks; 02-16-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Have you been spying on us? I think you will like the wider version that is in the works now.

If you want a custom color, call. The anthracite (dark charcoal gray) color in the pics is a two step metallic, so it will be more expensive, but we can do if. If there is enough interest, I'll make it a std option.
*L* no, i wasnt spying.

Great minds mebbe? :toung:

I am very very interested in the design as you progress, please keep us updated!.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now, take that bumper, stretch it JUST and i mean just wide enough (but nothing extra) to put the factory fogs back in the bumper, but outside the frame rails...

Like So:

and i would buy it!

BTW, i really like the platinum/grayish color of your prototypes. It should be an option.
I would totally buy that as well. I like how that looks with the factory fogs. Good job Happy Curmudgeon.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

hmmm my thoughts. Do the winch and radiator bars, triangulate the radiator bar to the winch bar for extra strength. I like both of them.

Ron
Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by PBR_Stitch
hmmm my thoughts. Do the winch and radiator bars, triangulate the radiator bar to the winch bar for extra strength. I like both of them.

Ron
That is a good idea. It might look good! Certainly no worse than anything i have seen to date. You couldnt go right to the top corners though (on the grill bar) or the headlamps would be blocked, it would have to attach lower, or be moved inward on the top horizontal bar...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would lean closer to the inwards on the horizontal bar, though between the headlight and turn signal would be the other option. Horizontal bar would probably be the better position, but probably wouldn't look right. I know lots of people that run the radiator tube on TJ's untriagulated and have used it with no problems. Can someone photo chop a radiator/ winch bar in place.

Ron
Old 02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default In agreement

Like So:

and i would buy it!

I agree with Happy C. Please add a location for the front plate if possible (to be removed while off road is good). I'm ordering one when they become available. Thanks!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by PBR_Stitch
I would lean closer to the inwards on the horizontal bar, though between the headlight and turn signal would be the other option. Horizontal bar would probably be the better position, but probably wouldn't look right. I know lots of people that run the radiator tube on TJ's untriagulated and have used it with no problems. Can someone photo chop a radiator/ winch bar in place.

Ron
I can do some, but i am not very good.

Here is a quicky of the two hoops together (yes i know the winch is backwards, i mirrored one image to use with the other) I didnt try adding bars yet...

Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
now are those measurments w/ the giant warn air winch or are they where the mounting holes are? my little m8000 might make it so there is more room in there.
It is with any winch, you'd be suprised how the motors on most winches are the same diameter size 6000-9500....with that Boat of a winch in there now there is less than 1" to the bumper face.

We're working on a wider version, so the stock or other 4" lights can be incorporated.

Nick
Old 02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by putnam dan
now can you triangulate to just inside the headlights
I'll give it a shot, but it wont look terribly "real"

anyone with better skills at this, please feel free to hop in

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Front Bumper UPDATE