Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffmarion
It also mentions grill hoops, do you have any pictures of these.
Yes, I do.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffmarion
It also mentions grill hoops, do you have any pictures of these.
Originally Posted by shrockworks
Yes, I do.

No more teasing, lets see them

Last edited by jeffmarion; 02-13-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

i wonder what it is about the fab fours bumper that warrants it being $1200 compared to this one likely being substantially less. something to do with construction perhaps?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superboo
i wonder what it is about the fab fours bumper that warrants it being $1200 compared to this one likely being substantially less. something to do with construction perhaps?
It's a bigger more complex bumper. Something like our 4Runner Bumper is probably a closer comparison. Our larger bumper will be more than the stubby one, but should still be way less than $1200.

Last edited by shrockworks; 02-13-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
It's a bigger more complex bumper. Something like our 4Runner Bumper is probably a closer comparison, but it still isnt quite $1200. Our larger bumper will be more than the stubby one, but should still be way less than $1200.
Exactly - it's a lot more bumper and not really an apple to apple comparison. As Shrockworks just pointed out, something like their 4Runner Bumper would be a better comparison.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

when can we order?!?!?! i got money burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Exactly - it's a lot more bumper and not really an apple to apple comparison. As Shrockworks just pointed out, something like their 4Runner Bumper would be a better comparison.
what are the functional differences between a stubby bumper and a more full-sized one?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stubby bumper will give you a better approach angle when climbing over an obstacle while offroad. A full size bumper may give you more protection in an accident if it happens to be less than head on. That being said the stock bumper is all plastic on the end so it will screw up your approach angle while basically offering you very little protection in an accident.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
A stubby bumper will give you a better approach angle when climbing over an obstacle while offroad. A full size bumper may give you more protection in an accident if it happens to be less than head on. That being said the stock bumper is all plastic on the end so it will screw up your approach angle while basically offering you very little protection in an accident.
hey thanks a lot man....stubby it is
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superboo
what are the functional differences between a stubby bumper and a more full-sized one?
The stubby basically covers (protects) the frame rails and adds the bare minimum of essentials like winch mount and recovery points. The compact size gives you the best chance of making a large obsicle by insuring, "in most cases" that the first thing to touch the obsticle (i.e. large rock) is the tire, not a large bumper that is in front of the tire.

If you were running a full width It would most likely extend to the fender edge and somewhat protect them from a front impact.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 02-14-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK