Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-08-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powder coating

i see you offer semi gloss and textured powder coat for your older products will this hold true for the jk products cause i would much like the textured look when i order
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jeepfreek13
what thickness are the sliders and bumpers? 3/16 or 1/4? I will be putting mine in harms way and use the sliders consistently on the rocks, best way to pivet the jeep

Sliders are 3/16" square tube and .120 or .134 DOM for the round. We have been selling this exact same design for other vehicles for 4 years now. It is very well proven in actual trail use.

Bumper and skid plate is 3/16" steel and 1" steel recovery points.

RE Body mount sliders:
We are still investigating & testing. I'm not yet convinced they will hold up with the side tube attached to them and the side tube is a tremendous benefit as you have found. There is WAY less body surface area along the side of a JK than a TJ, and this is where the forces must go on an impact to the side tube. Will give more info as we get it.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
i see you offer semi gloss and textured powder coat for your older products will this hold true for the jk products cause i would much like the textured look when i order
Yes, both will be available along with bare steel.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

also i forgot to ask when do you think you will you have skids available? any kind of time frame? thanks for answering all our questions
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Any more pictures (underneath?) of how the sliders mount, etc?

Also, I mentioned in another thread (another brand bumper) that an option that I would like to see in the winch mount bumpers is a removable steel plate over the top winch opening. This would be very attrractive for those of us who may or may not want a winch down the road but aren't ready to pop for one yet. I think you would get alot of positive feedback on this! And you don't even have to give me a percentage for the idea! LOL
It would be a piece of cake to add on and I bet most people would pay a little extra for it. I will fab one up myself if nobody offers it. It would just save me grief of running to powder coaters/painters/whatever to get the thing to match. I would probably make one out of diamond plate and just keep it polished to make it simple.

What does everyone think?

From their website product description -
- Optional winch opening cover for a clean look w/o a winch. This plate will also accommodate an additional set of offroad lights.

How's that for listening to your customers
Old 02-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconToad
From their website product description -
- Optional winch opening cover for a clean look w/o a winch. This plate will also accommodate an additional set of offroad lights.

How's that for listening to your customers
Very cool
Old 02-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor

OK you guys caught me. I put it up on the www site last night. No pricing yet, but some of the specs and options are listed along with the pics that were posted here earlier.

Jeep JK Front Bumper
Old 02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Does your rails mount in the stock holes if you have the Rubicon model or will new holes have to be drilled? I don't want to drill more holes in the frame then I have too.

Ben
The factory rails mount to the body. These mount to the frame. I'm pretty confident that something mounted like the factory rails with a side tube attached will fold if you catch the tube hard. That's why we went to the frame with these. Plate steel ones that cover the body might work, but we are still investingating that.

Anyway, we utilize some existing holes, so you will only have to drill 3-4 holes per side and they are only through one side of the frame. Install shouldnt take more than 1 hr.

Last edited by shrockworks; 02-10-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
also i forgot to ask when do you think you will you have skids available? any kind of time frame? thanks for answering all our questions
We'll start taking orders next week when pricing is done. About 4-6 weeks for the first units to ship. Two door may be ready at the same time or might lag by about 2 weeks.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Any more pictures (underneath?) of how the sliders mount, etc?

Also, I mentioned in another thread (another brand bumper) that an option that I would like to see in the winch mount bumpers is a removable steel plate over the top winch opening.

Okay, where's my cut!

I love when you guys actually listen to what people want. Wish DC did that. And Oh, will the winch cover plate have the word "Rubimon" cut into it?

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK