Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More pics

We beat them hard in testing and they help up fantastic...well...everything but the paint, but that goes with the territory.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more pictures (underneath?) of how the sliders mount, etc?

Also, I mentioned in another thread (another brand bumper) that an option that I would like to see in the winch mount bumpers is a removable steel plate over the top winch opening. This would be very attrractive for those of us who may or may not want a winch down the road but aren't ready to pop for one yet. I think you would get alot of positive feedback on this! And you don't even have to give me a percentage for the idea! LOL
It would be a piece of cake to add on and I bet most people would pay a little extra for it. I will fab one up myself if nobody offers it. It would just save me grief of running to powder coaters/painters/whatever to get the thing to match. I would probably make one out of diamond plate and just keep it polished to make it simple.

What does everyone think?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

compared to the factory sidesteps, or even the mopar addons, how far out do those rockers extend?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks for the pics. you were reading my mind. Iwill take mine without the scratches please!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superboo
compared to the factory sidesteps, or even the mopar addons, how far out do those rockers extend?
They are tucked up tighter. Just enough to get a good foot on them and protect the sides w/o being a pontoon on the side. They stick out 3" from the doors and about 4" from the pinch seam.

They seem to hold town the wheel spray a lot too. There was a lot of water out there this weekend.

Last edited by shrockworks; 02-05-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Jedi

Okay, you will want to hire me after this. Love those sliders, I would love to see a couple of tabs in the front section that I could screw in a metal plate to act as a splash guard behind the front tire. Sort of like the stock plastic jobby on the TJ. Your thoughts?

Also, I would like your opinion on your frame mount. Looks good and sturdy which I like. From a design respect, any worry about extra leverage in a twisting sort of way on the frame itself. I read something about that when looking at TJ sliders and a guy attached his to the frame. A bunch of forum (so called experts) jumped all over him with those concerns. Not sure if it is a valid one or not. I hope you can shed some light on the subject for me.

Thanks for everything guys. I like what I see and am glad I waited for you guys to come out with your products! Hurry up with the full width bumper too, as that is the way I am leaning.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Okay, you will want to hire me after this. Love those sliders, I would love to see a couple of tabs in the front section that I could screw in a metal plate to act as a splash guard behind the front tire. Sort of like the stock plastic jobby on the TJ. Your thoughts?
We have been batting this around. I'm gonna see how well they work as is for that, but it is definitely under consideration.

I'll think about the winch hole cover too. It's a good idea.

Also, I would like your opinion on your frame mount. Looks good and sturdy which I like. From a design respect, any worry about extra leverage in a twisting sort of way on the frame itself. I read something about that when looking at TJ sliders and a guy attached his to the frame. A bunch of forum (so called experts) jumped all over him with those concerns. Not sure if it is a valid one or not. I hope you can shed some light on the subject for me.
No way, no chance. We have been selling this style slider for other vehicles for fours years with zero frame problems. The legs on the JK sliders are shorter than any we have ever done b4 (less leverage) and the frame on the JK is massive. I could see having issues on a CJ, but no way on a JK.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Jedi

Good enough for me. Could you please repeat that into this ordinary looking fountain pen!

Thanks for all the front views too. I am rethinking this full width bumper thing. That looks really good! Any thought of a bolt on brush guard option?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for all the front views too. I am rethinking this full width bumper thing. That looks really good! Any thought of a bolt on brush guard option?
It will definitely be available with at least one tube work option. It will be welded on as an option. Pics on that in a couple weeks.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the idea of a rock rail/step/spray reducer all in one. Any idea on the price yet with black powder coat.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK