Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hands down the best looking stubby i've seen yet...unfortunately i'm in for something longer...not full width, a happy medium between the two, the fog integration...and a prerunner or a stinger. will you guys be working that into the design?
i love the rock rails...can't wait to see the pricing over in the vendor forum.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be looking into a tube design...We just got the bumper and got it ready in time to go test it out. Our standard Powdercoat is Black, this was a color just to get a nice contrast on a black jeep for pics. I don't know yet if it will be available yet. The skid does protect the sway disco. The logo is cut into the skid, it's been part of every bumper we do....

Jim (Shrockworks owner) will chime in and answer the $$ and more pics.

thanks,

Nick
Old 02-05-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like the way that front looks. any idea on a rear yet? i was hoping you guys woud put out a stubby. i just hope you put out a brush/grille guard for the stubby then i am definatly buying! i like the look of the rockers too and glad everything will be coated black (cause my silver needs the contrast)

ps is the front bumper integrated into the skid? if so thats awesome! we need more pics!

Last edited by im4degreesaboveu; 02-05-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepik
if they make provisions for the factory fogs, i think it will be 100% better
I like the idea of the factory fogs being saved. Are the going to make one with out the cut out for the winch.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepingib
Eddie, you rock.

Project JK now has a couple of pictures of the new Schrockworks Bumper and rock rails. I really like the way these look. Way to go guys.

on the off chance does anyone know what tires these are i like them alot. brand? size? thanks.

also if you know rims and lift too that'd be great as well
Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
on the off chance does anyone know what tires these are i like them alot. brand? size? thanks.

also if you know rims and lift too that'd be great as well
I believe the guy from Shrockworks stated earlier in this thread they are 37 inch BFG Krawlers and 17 inch wheels.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aaholland
Cool setup. What did you have to do to the jeep to put hte 4" lift on? SYE? New driveshafts?
The JK's don't have a slip yoke, so no sye. And you shouldn't have to mess with the driveshaft length either.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
thats nice 2dr yet?
I second this question. I'm willing to wait for the 2 dr rock sliders if I can get a rough time frame (1 month?, 2 months?, late summer?), but I need to know my wait won't be for nothing.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I like the idea of the factory fogs being saved. Are the going to make one with out the cut out for the winch.
Some things are mutually exclusive. To integrate the fog lights in a shorty bumper like this, the winch will have to sit on top of the bumper...or not have an option to mount a winch. It would be easy enough to offer the latter if people want a non-winch bumper with a closed top.

My thinking was that shorty / rock crawler style bumpers like this will probably appeal mostly to the serious wheeler guys who who would prefer the low mount winch and tight approach angle to integrated fog lights, since you can't have all three in a bumper like this.

We will offer a wider bumper that will integrate fog lights next. If you want to by this bumper with a closed top, integrated fog light mounts, and a w/o winch mount, let me know...maybe we'll offer that as an option.

Glad to hear that many of you are really digging the bumper! I'm going to go through this thread and try to answer some more questions tonight.

Last edited by shrockworks; 02-06-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dc_Minnesota
I second this question. I'm willing to wait for the 2 dr rock sliders if I can get a rough time frame (1 month?, 2 months?, late summer?), but I need to know my wait won't be for nothing.
2 dr shouldnt lag the 4dr by more that 2-3 weeks. About 8 weeks to product rolling out of here on the 2 dr.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK