Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-03-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepit
Does anyone know what size and brand lift they are using and what wheel and tire size?
Lift, I don't know. But from the looks of things the Wheel and Tire are Crager Soft 8's in a 15x10 with 35" Krawlers wrapped around them.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
The winch occupies the spot where the factory fog lights would normally go... the only place it looks like you could even attempt to install them would be way out on the tips of the bumper, and that looks a bit tight. I'd just get some aftermarket jobs that mount on posts on the top of the bumper, and keep your stock switch/wiring.

-E

thats why i will probably be getting the MORE bumper,..they made provisions for the stock foglights and have a gril/winch guard as well

i like the lines of this stubby bumper, but i am not willing(as i am sure many others are niether) to get rid of the integrated fog lights, for a contraption that mounts on top of the bumper
Old 02-03-2007, 08:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepingib
Eddie, you rock.

Project JK now has a couple of pictures of the new Schrockworks Bumper and rock rails. I really like the way these look. Way to go guys.

Dang! I always said, when black is clean there is nothing sexier! Can't tell from the pictures what color are those. They look platinum, but could be the lighting.

Are you guys going to have a full width bumper also?

Will factory fogs be in that?

Any pictures from underneath the rails?

Is there a skid/protection for the edisco motor?

Any price or availability yet?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor

The JK is Shrockworks'. I am the designer/proto fabricator here....The lift is a 4" Superlift and the tires are 37" Krawlers wheels are 17". The winch in there is a Ramsey 9500

As for the bumper we will be making a full width style. The current shorty has absolutely no room for the stock fogs, there will be holes for top mounting lights. We weighed the decision of getting the winch weight lower or keeping stock lights. We went with the winch lower for weight considerations, seeing that you can buy better lights to bolt on top. However, we plan on incorporating the stock fogs in the full width. Not many changes can be made in any direction without effecting something else. If we add 2" to each side your looking at tire issues with big meats and lines changing as well, there is a reason for every line and angle. If you saw a front shot of the bumper you'll see it's the width of the grill and follows lines up into the fenders, etc.

thanks,

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 02-05-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepik
thats why i will probably be getting the MORE bumper,..they made provisions for the stock foglights and have a gril/winch guard as well

i like the lines of this stubby bumper, but i am not willing(as i am sure many others are niether) to get rid of the integrated fog lights, for a contraption that mounts on top of the bumper
I don't know if I've seen the MORE bumper. Do you have a link to it, or a picture? Thanks!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
That JK is Jim's (owner of Shrockworks), I am the designer/proto fbricator here....The lift is a 4" Superlift and the tires are 37" Krawlers wheels are 17". The winch in there is a Ramsey 9500
Cool setup. What did you have to do to the jeep to put hte 4" lift on? SYE? New driveshafts?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
If you saw a front shot of the bumper you'll see it's the width of the grill and follows lines up into the fenders.
That is what I like most about it. It just looks right, because it follows the same lines as the body.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

When will they be available on your web site? and is the price range arround what your other bumper are?

I really like the stubby and I do not have the factory fog light to deal with.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats nice 2dr yet?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Will you offer these in black as well as that grayish color?

Also: I was wondering if the brand name was cut in to the guard underneath the bumper (kind of looks like it from the pic)... more pics would probably answer that (hint hint). Having the name so big is pretty much a dealbreaker for me unfortunately :sad:. If that is the current design, would you consider using a sticker instead so people could remove it for a cleaner look?

In any case, I really like the lines of the bumper -- best one I've seen yet. Nice job!

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK