Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK

Old 02-14-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
The stubby basically covers (protects) the frame rails and adds the bare minimum of essentials like winch mount and recovery points. The compact size gives you the best chance of making a large obsicle by insuring, "in most cases" that the first thing to touch the obsticle (i.e. large rock) is the tire, not a large bumper that is in front of the tire.

If you were running a full width It would most likely extend to the fender edge and somewhat protect them from a front impact.

Nick
also, running without a bumper isn't legal in most places.
i'd like something between a full-width and a stubby though...like halfway through the fender flares...with a nice hood-height pre-runner, (not as far out as a comp-stinger) that i can use as a front anchor point for a body cage. i lost my TJ due to a roll, and the cost of sheetmetal overseas is what totalled her out...i'd hate for that to happen again...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also a full width bumper will be slightly, slightly more aerodynamic. Having an exposed tire with agressive tread exposed is not the most condusive to reducing wind resistance.

But hey, it's a Jeep!!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol@that. my coffe kinda came out my nose.

Aerodynamic? It's a Jeep! it is as slipstream capable as a Greyhound bus. I doubt any amount of bumper would seriously decrease it's drag coeficient.

put an airdam on a brick, it is still a brick.

I spent years working on F4 Phantoms. They are engineered proof that a brick can be made to go fast, but they sure as hell are NOT aerodynamic! When the power goes of, they drop like an anvil.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-14-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
lol@that. my coffe kinda came out my nose.

Aerodynamic? It's a Jeep! it is as slipstream capable as a Greyhound bus. I doubt any amount of bumper would seriously decrease it's drag coeficient.

put an airdam on a brick, it is still a brick.

I spent years working on F4 Phantoms. They are engineered proof that a brick can be made to go fast, but they sure as hell are NOT aerodynamic! When the power goes of, they drop like an anvil.
My late dad can attestify to that fact, though it did take many years for me to find out the true story behind the broken duece 1/2 that was painted on my Dad's Jet.

Ron
Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any prices yet? You guys are killin' me!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor

I keep proding Jim to keep on (this) task...between phone calls, e-mail and ordering he gets slightly side tracked. He's working on both the Pricing and Pics/Discription right now.

Nick
Old 02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
TCM
JK Newbie

The look is perfect and I am especially interested in the longer version. I would also like a small winch height hoop that is mounted perpendicular to the bumper, not angled forward like on your TJ bumper. Preferably it would be pretty rectangular in shape with vertical sides, more like the center hoop on your Xterra bumper not the trapiziodal shape as used on the TJ bumper. Integrating the factory fogs is really not important. There are much better surface mount options available. And did I mention that the 1" shackle mounts are fantastic. Rokmen is the only other company I know of that does this.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey nick (ToyFamily) you know if there is talk around the shop of a rear bumper w/big tire carrier? something in the vein of the pj rear bumper... but better (and local)
Old 02-15-2007, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
hey nick (ToyFamily) you know if there is talk around the shop of a rear bumper w/big tire carrier? something in the vein of the pj rear bumper... but better (and local)
I'm pretty sure they mentioned earlier in the thread that they were working on a tire carrier bumper too.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Former Vendor

Final pricing and pics w/ tube are now up on the www site.

Link --> ShrockWorks Jeep JK Front Winch Bumper

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Bumper and Rock Rail on Project JK