Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks and a B.L?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks and a B.L?

I am looking to add rockrails/sliders to my jeep. I like the Shrockworks (they are my wife's favorite) but I am concerned about the body lift issue.

Do I have to decide whether or not I am going to do a body lift before I buy these rails?

I know when you order them they want to know if you have one.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sully151
I am looking to add rockrails/sliders to my jeep. I like the Shrockworks (they are my wife's favorite) but I am concerned about the body lift issue.

Do I have to decide whether or not I am going to do a body lift before I buy these rails?

I know when you order them they want to know if you have one.
The reason they want to know is because with the sliders being frame mounted if you do a body lift down the road there will be a gap between the slider and the body that many people don't find visually appealing. If you select that you have a body lift then the brackets will be modified to keep them tucked into the body. If you don't have a body lift and get them like this they will not fit
Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Is this a bracket that can be switched out?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sully151
Is this a bracket that can be switched out?
To the best of my knowledge it is welded. not a bolt on.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
To the best of my knowledge it is welded. not a bolt on.
I'd suggest calling Shrockworks to confirm this, but my understanding is if you don't have a BL, get the ones for without. They'll work once you install the BL with the previously described gap. However, the ones for with the BL will not fit unless you DO have the BL.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Due to the pinch seam, if you were planning on getting a body lift, I would get the ones that are designed for the lift, otherwise I don't think that gap will look pretty. Since it takes so long to get them with all the demand, I'd recommend just ordering them, and plan on getting and installing the body lift prior to them arriving.

I have a body lift, and ordered the body lift version, and am very pleased with them. I came full force down (after rear tire slipped) onto a rock and slammed on the driver side rail -- these are solid!!!

They are completely welded together, and snug up to the bottom of the frame, no option to change the height after install.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Former Vendor

If you are planning on getting a body lift (or have one) and you tell us you want that option we weld the sliders to the brackets farther up the bracket to retain the "stock" distance between our slider and the pinch seam. If you do order them as "Body Lift" they cannot be bolted on until you have the body lift on. One way around this is if you order them regular and end up getting a body lift and don't like the gap, just bolt on the stock Rubi sliders between which will fill it.

Nick

Quick Reply: Shrockworks and a B.L?