Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrock Works

Old 04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
can some more people post on this topic:

if you bought from shrockworks, what was your wait time for delivery?

i am planning on purchasing the stubby front bumper. but 12 weeks, seems crazy!!!

thanks for the info everyone.
i think I received mine within 4 weeks. I was one of the first to get it when it came out.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

The secret is to merely give Shrockworks a Credit Card, and tell them if they make anything for your rig, to just send you the first one.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

I'm repeating myself, but... quality takes time. If you're not willing to wait, then don't.

Take a look around and you'll see EVERYONE that has Shrockworks products L O V E S them. Why? Because they're that good, that well-made, and worth every penny.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

What I meant by mandrel bending the tube was that...when you look at the hoop you can see that at the bends their is deformation, thats becasue they used a regular bender. A mandrel bend would give you a uniform bend and would not have that squeezed in look in the inner part of the bend. Mandrel bending does weakin the outer wall a little but my peeve was more for asthetics and personal preference.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pezeveng319
What I meant by mandrel bending the tube was that...when you look at the hoop you can see that at the bends their is deformation, thats becasue they used a regular bender. A mandrel bend would give you a uniform bend and would not have that squeezed in look in the inner part of the bend. Mandrel bending does weakin the outer wall a little but my peeve was more for asthetics and personal preference.
The bender we use is the same I type have used at several shops I have worked at building complete race chassis, buggies and roll cages. The actual deformation in person is almost un noticable. The larger tube we use on the Mid width is slightly more noticable due to the size and as the dies get worn it effects the bend as well (we replace as we notice deformation). But by no means is this a muffler type bend that crushes the corners to make the bend.

Nick
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy Still waiting

I ordered my mid-width 8 weeks ago... Still waiting. I'm starting to get impatient. Has anyone heard if they are getting caught back up and sending them out yet?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I think I waited 8 or 9 weeks for my stubby, right after they first came out. It was an extra week because they weren't happy with the powder-coating and had it redone (thank you Shrockworks). It was about 7 weeks for my rails. Well worth the wait. I'd put myself on the waiting for anything Shrockworks makes.

Deformation at the bends on the winch hoop? I just had to go take a really close look to see if I could notice what pezeveng319 mentions...maybe it's noticeable in the mid-width? There is absolutely no noticeable deformation on my winch hoop. It's smooth as glass (well, smooth as textured black ).

It's a Shrockworks thing!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by OffTopic
... Deformation at the bends on the winch hoop? I just had to go take a really close look to see if I could notice what pezeveng319 mentions...maybe it's noticeable in the mid-width? ...
I wouldn't have even noticed it had it not been pointed out. If you follow the winch hoop around, you'll see a bit of deformation on the inside of each bend--where the path of the arc doesn't perfectly parallel the path of the arc on the outside of the bend. It appears to be less than one millimeter off a perfectly formed arc. In the image, it's most noticeable on the driver's side because I had the camera at just the right angle. It's really not noticeable on the passenger's side because you must have your head in just the right place to really see it. Like I said: Had someone not pointed it out, I'd have never given it a second thought. This bumper is definitely worth the wait. Now, if they'd just get that rear bumper into production so I can get onto another waiting list.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 04-30-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default shrockworks rock rails

It took 9 weeks for my rails.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was right at 8 weeks for my rails. Bit I picked them up so did not have to wait for shipping. These guys build amazing products. I would not hesitate to wait again for their rear bumper.

Quick Reply: Shrock Works