Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrock Works

Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
... the wait times have me giving it second thoughts now. ...
That's what I should do: Rant how horribly long the wait was. Get rid of some of that riff-raff who are clogging up the waiting list for the rear bumper. Don't let them know how really excellent the products are, how Shrockworks is the only company out there that will suit my needs (retains stock hitch, has back-up lights, appropriate accessory mounts, and doesn't have those stupid "W"s laser-cut into the sheet metal).

But, no, I won't do that. Yeah, it was a long wait for me. Supposedly they've got one big problem fixed--a broken laser cutter--and are working off the backlog. But, it was definitely worth the wait. Heck, I waited longer than that to buy a new telescope a couple years ago (six months)--because this type of custom-made quality is worth the wait.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by pezeveng319
....however I think they went cheap on not mandrel bending the hoop, kinda dissapointed...
After further researching this, mandrel bending is not normally used for chassis, frame parts, etc, because, despite appearances to the contrary, the process or mandrel bending weakens (makes thinner via stretching) the outer wall of the bent radii.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COjeeper
12 weeks today. Talked to Kevin last week and he said probably not shipping til after the 1st of May (14 weeks+?). I have a stubby with winch hoop in textured black on order. Powerplant and PIAAs sitting in garage waiting for their new home.
x2, almost exactly! I ordered, back in the middle of January, the same bumper, and also have a Powerplant sitting on the floor...no PIAA's though. This will be my first Shrockworks product, so hopefully it will live up to the enormous (reread: ginormous) amount of good things I have heard about their products.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I placed an order for the some sliders for my 4 door on the 16th. I will probably keep in touch and get bi-weekly progress reports or........

HEY JIM! I am local to Houston and live only 4 miles from your shop. I work 4.5 day work weeks so I can come help out on Friday afternoons. I can't weld but I have a strong back and follow directions well. I don't want any $$$ just want to help get my slider's done on or before the 6 week promise.

Let me know!!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
can some more people post on this topic:

if you bought from shrockworks, what was your wait time for delivery?

i am planning on purchasing the stubby front bumper. but 12 weeks, seems crazy!!!

thanks for the info everyone.
I had to wait 11 weeks for mine. I'm very happy with it though, the first time we went wheeling after it was installed we got a handful of complements on it. I'd like to order the rear bumper but man the wait is killer...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ColinW
x2, almost exactly! I ordered, back in the middle of January, the same bumper, and also have a Powerplant sitting on the floor...no PIAA's though. This will be my first Shrockworks product, so hopefully it will live up to the enormous (reread: ginormous) amount of good things I have heard about their products.
Same here! I keep waiting as Shrockworks has a great reputation and everyone I've read loves the bumpers they got.

I got the lift and tires last week and am really anxious to get the bumper on.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my Shrockworks Mid Width and me and my Dad are on the wait list for the rear for both of our JK's. They are well worth the wait and I think we should come up with a new expression - "It's a Shrockworks thing"
Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

really great info everyone. thanks!

it seems like: really sucks to have to wait much longer than expected(+6 weeks). but the final product is so good it is worth the wait!

therefore, i am going to place my order and cross my fingers on the wait time...."its a shrockworks thing". ha.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the front mid width bumper 6 weeks ago. I called them today and he was very apologetic and said it would be an additional 3 weeks... I hope it doesn't end up being 12 weeks.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

My 4 door sliders, powdercoated, took 4 weeks to arrive. Ordered Jan. received in Feb.

I ordered my stubby bumper, powdercoated, on Mar. 25, no shipping notice yet.

Quick Reply: Shrock Works