Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shovel Mount Idea

Old 07-12-2016, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shovel Mount Idea

Anybody's know of or came up with a idea to mount a shovel to the stock rear bumper with out really doing any major drilling or cutting?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Major drilling? It's a hollow plastic bumper. Wrap a couple bungee cords around it and call it good or find another spot to mount it. Pick up a smaller shovel and mount it to the roll bar inside.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i used a cable

and 2 eye bolts through shovel

2 loops on the cable, then send through the wheel holes . Thats if you meant just on rear of jeep

use a pad lock to connect one of the loops to the shovel as a latch the other loop can be secured to the shovel with mini u clamps if theres any worry of chaffing the spare tire just tuck a little piece of rubber under the steel end of the shovel . works for me ! bungee chords isnt a bad idea cept it might shift around if its not really tight & some one could walk with your new shovel

i need a stainless steel shovel they rust up faster than the under side of the jeep if you could believe that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3521 (2).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	652204   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_35.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	652205  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 07-12-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can't tell by your profile if you have 2D or 4D. If 4D, Dominion Off Road has a roll bar mount for the Hi-Lift and attachments for shovel, and in my case shovel and an axe. No rattle, no interference in rearview. Make sure you scuff it up before you put it up there or your buds will remind you how pretty it is every time they see it.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the advise. I was doing some research and saw that some people had some sort of mount that went on the rear tail gate. But I couldn't find anything instructions or products. Just looking for some ideas.

Quick Reply: Shovel Mount Idea